An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Antichrist Might Be Jewish... Shhh

mortify

Political Correctness  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='mortify' date='27 October 2009 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1256614117' post='1991888']
Nero et al. represent types of the Antichrist.

True, but that's not what we're doing.

Is there any reason why saying he will be Christian is less politically incorrect than saying he will be Jewish?
[/quote]

Because the Jews have been targets of hatred for so many centuries, that identifying them as the group where the Anti-Christ will come from, is offensive, and it also feeds those bigots who are on the fringe. We don't need to fuel the fire.

Jim

Edited by JimR-OCDS

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='27 October 2009 - 08:42 AM' timestamp='1256650950' post='1992065']
Because the Jews have been targets of hatred for so many centuries, that identifying them as the group where the Anti-Christ will come from, is offensive, and it also feeds those bigots who are on the fringe. We don't need to fuel the fire.

Jim
[/quote]
It just occurred to me today that the anti-Christ may very well choose to identify himself with some minority group, for example Jewish, homosexual, or anything else that can be identified, so that he can claim discrimination to silence those who oppose him.

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='25 October 2009 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1256508677' post='1991195']
You wouldn't know if he is indeed the Anti-Christ.

Heck, I'm sure many people thought Hitler was the anti-Christ, but he wasn't.

You can judge the actions as being evil, but not the person.

Jim
[/quote]

Wow that's some egg on the face of those who thought that about Hitler! I can imagine the banter at parties

"You see Dave over there?"

"yeah?"

"He actually thought that because Hitler tried to wipe out God's chosen people and take over the world, that he was the anti-christ"

"HAHAHAHAHA WHAT AN IDIOT! "

Nero was the anti-christ that John was talking about. But since God is pretty awesome, scripture has the capacity to be 100% true for the time it was written and be 100% true for a future time as well.

I personally believe that if a person goes to confession monthly, prays the rosary daily and attends mass, if the anti-christ shows up, (s)he will have no problem recognizing him.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='27 October 2009 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1256656476' post='1992088']
Nero was the anti-christ that John was talking about.[/quote]

Nero was not the Antichrist St John was referring to, if he were Christ would have returned by now. Many a person in history was a foreshadowing of the Antichrist, and Nero was one of them.

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='27 October 2009 - 09:42 AM' timestamp='1256650950' post='1992065']

Jim
[/quote]

Well Jim, I agree it might require some caution and charity, but we should not be silent just because it will offend. The truth was offensive two thousand years ago, and it will be just as offensive today.

dominicansoul

I've often thought the anti-Christ will be the one that the Jews proclaim as the Messiah, since they are still waiting for the Messiah to come into the world...and once they do, the rest of the world will follow suit. Only a chosen few who know God and know that Jesus IS LORD won't be fooled. The rest will be taken up in the spirit of the Anti-Christ, and follow him to their own destruction. I can see how easy this is, as many people follow celebrity rather than substance.

I hardly think that saying such a thing makes me an anti-Semite. Expressing probable situations within a reality doesn't make one prejudiced against a certain group.

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='25 October 2009 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1256508855' post='1991198']
Heck, anyone who shows compassion, opposes wars and violence, would be consider left-wing,
by many so-called Christian conservatives.

Jim
[/quote]
Gee, you're easy to read.

[quote name='mortify' date='27 October 2009 - 11:27 AM' timestamp='1256657229' post='1992089']
Nero was not the Antichrist St John was referring to, if he were Christ would have returned by now. Many a person in history was a foreshadowing of the Antichrist, and Nero was one of them.
[/quote]
You didn't understand what hot stuff wrote; he's right.

[quote name='mortify' date='27 October 2009 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1256657354' post='1992091']
Well Jim, I agree it might require some caution and charity, but we should not be silent just because it will offend. The truth was offensive two thousand years ago, and it will be just as offensive today.
[/quote]

But what truth?

Is the Anti-Christ going to be Jewish?

Is he going to be the Pope?

Its all conjecture, and can lead to dangerous ways of looking at people.

There will always be idiots in the world, looking for some one to scapegoat. Lets not help them.

Jim

Edited by JimR-OCDS

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='27 October 2009 - 12:42 PM' timestamp='1256661775' post='1992106']
But what truth?

Is the Anti-Christ going to be Jewish?

Is he going to be the Pope?

Its all conjecture, and can lead to dangerous ways of looking at people.

There will always be idiots in the world, looking for some one to scapegoat. Lets not help them.

Jim
[/quote]
In the title, perhaps you noticed the word "might"? It indicates it's a possibility.

[quote name='dominicansoul' date='27 October 2009 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1256658603' post='1992094']
I've often thought the anti-Christ will be the one that the Jews proclaim as the Messiah, since they are still waiting for the Messiah to come into the world...and once they do, the rest of the world will follow suit. Only a chosen few who know God and know that Jesus IS LORD won't be fooled. The rest will be taken up in the spirit of the Anti-Christ, and follow him to their own destruction. I can see how easy this is, as many people follow celebrity rather than substance.

I hardly think that saying such a thing makes me an anti-Semite. Expressing probable situations within a reality doesn't make one prejudiced against a certain group.
[/quote]
That's a good point. Definitely as likely as my theory.

I'm leaning towards Shane MacGowan from the Pogues.
The anti-Christ will definitely have teeth like these.
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hgVjwEbSdWc/RY6gdYWjnQI/AAAAAAAAACs/B3YDFaRHyOw/s320/shanemacgowan.jpg[/img]

Plus he drinks like some of the mods around here. Frightening.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Winchester' date='27 October 2009 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1256666304' post='1992138']
Looks like the Predator.
[/quote]
He's like the Amy Winehouse of Irish punk. Luckily he lived to tell the tale.

I think he's probably still a drunk though. According to him, he started drinking at 4 and became an alcoholic around 10.