An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Antichrist Might Be Jewish... Shhh

mortify

Political Correctness  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

‘As Christ springs from the tribe of Judah, so Antichrist is to spring from the tribe of Dan. And that the case stands thus, we see also from the words of Jacob: ‘Let Dan be a serpent, lying upon the ground, biting the horse’s heels” [Gn 49:17]”
St Hippolytus (On the Antichrist, 6, 14, PG X, 736, 738)

no, because in saying that the antiChrist might be Jewish, you're not saying that he'll be the anti-Christ because he's Jewish as if Jewishness were a bad thing; it's more along the lines of saying that the anti-Christ will be Jewish for the same reason Christ was Jewish--because the Jewish people are an important people in the history of salvation.

really, it makes sense; if Christ was the Messiah of the Hebrew people, then why wouldn't the anti-Messiah be from the Jewish people? it's possible; I wouldn't stake everything on it being true. I've always wondered if the Christ-Anti-Christ battle might be between a 'Christ' the Muslims recognize as Christ's return and Jesus Christ's true second coming as the Church predicts it... ie our Christ is their anti-Christ and their Christ is our anti-Christ. I have a feeling that Church Fathers like Augustine might've theorized something similar had Muslims been around in their day, going with the whole Abraham-Ishmael lineage.

but the idea of the anti-Christ coming from the tribe of Dan is possible. The lineages are certainly not traceable these days to my knowledge, but that doesn't mean it won't happen that way. And it's in no way antisemitic to theorize that because we're not saying the anti-Christ will be evil because he's from the Hebrew people any more than we say Christ was good because he was Hebrew. if anyone got offended by the suggestion, I wouldn't take their offense very seriously. my above suggestion about Islam would probably arouse much more offense, understandably; this one is merely stating that since it was out of the Hebrew people that the Messiah came, so too will it be from the Hebrew people that the anti-Messiah comes. meaning that the final battle will be between a GOOD Hebrew man--Jesus Christ, and a BAD Hebrew man--the anti-Christ. no racism at all there, the good side and the bad side in the battle are Jews ethnically speaking.

Politically incorrect? Yes. Everyone knows that culturally-different people can't do bad things unless they're forced into it. Is it [i]moral[/i] to suggest it? Sure. However, it's better not to worry about the anti-Christ. Just keep Christ's teachings in mind and live your life.

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

To suggest that anyone, is or might be the anti-christ, only helps to serve the true Anti-Christ, who is Satan.

Anyone who does not love, serves the anti-christ.

Jim

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='24 October 2009 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1256404348' post='1990693']
To suggest that anyone, is or might be the anti-christ, only helps to serve the true Anti-Christ, who is Satan.

Jim
[/quote]

I disagree, did not Jesus and the Apostles warn us to be on guard against the anti-christ. To not notice him for who he is would be dangerous. I do not think we should go around thinking certain people are the anti-christ, cause it could lead to judging, but I think those of true hearts will be able to recognize the anti-christ when he comes.

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='24 October 2009 - 01:12 PM' timestamp='1256404348' post='1990693']

Jim
[/quote]

to not say anything at all would probably make it loads easier for the anti-christ.

I guess in theory he might be. I won't speculate, but personally I always thought it would be more logical if the antiChrist were Christian. Well 'Christian', obviously.

little_miss_late

In my mind there is a difference between wanting to be politically incorrect and wanting to be kind/not offend people. I have views which are politically incorrect and might also hurt the feelings of people I know. For example, I have politically incorrect feelings about divorce. I don't care that I'm not politically correct. But I'm also not going to start ranting about divorce in front of a friend who has divorced parents.

I have heard a lot of real anti-Semitic garbage and honestly, if someone said that they've really given it some thought, and they think the antiChrist might be Jewish, that would not quite make the top 10 list. But if it's the first thing you say when you meet someone and learn that they are Jewish, you might come across the wrong way.

Personally I think that if you keep your thoughts and actions focused on Christ, you don't have to worry about the antiChrist or about being politically correct.

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='24 October 2009 - 02:24 PM' timestamp='1256405041' post='1990696']
I disagree, did not Jesus and the Apostles warn us to be on guard against the anti-christ. To not notice him for who he is would be dangerous. I do not think we should go around thinking certain people are the anti-christ, cause it could lead to judging, but I think those of true hearts will be able to recognize the anti-christ when he comes.
[/quote]

He warned us to be on guard against the evil one. He didn't tell us to go and accuse people of being the Anti-Christ.

However, Jesus main message was, to love one another.

Jim

[quote name='hot stuff' date='24 October 2009 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1256406388' post='1990702']
to not say anything at all would probably make it loads easier for the anti-christ.
[/quote]

We are to live as Christ commanded, not point fingers at people.

Jim

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='24 October 2009 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1256420416' post='1990793']

Jim
[/quote]
If people truly were prepared to meet Armageddon should it happen tomorrow, then we wouldn't need to say anything to anyone, but they're not. If by pointing fingers we can save a soul, then we must do it. This isn't about hurt feelings, this is about avoiding an eternity of agony.

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='24 October 2009 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1256420416' post='1990793']

Jim
[/quote]

all I'm sayin Jim is that if the anti-christ shows up tomorrow, he's probably going to be very appreciative that you gave him the benefit of the doubt

[quote name='notardillacid' date='24 October 2009 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1256422830' post='1990800']
Who cares what the ethnicity of the antichrist will be? :blink:
[/quote]

It's important to get as much details on one's enemy as possible (by enemy I'm specifically referring to the Antichrist)