An Old School Catholic Message Board

Disgusting.

Varg

He has no business being upset. He's an atheist. There is no such thing as human dignity in an atheist worldview--there is only the division into strong and weak. Anything else is inconsistent theism of one sort or another.

And this is also a transparent attempt to permit him to demonize religion in his own mind because he is so influenced by society that he cannot completely accept his atheism.

Edited by Winchester

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='22 October 2009 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1256231517' post='1989686']
I feel no need to justify it. Pagans are wack.
:saint:
[/quote]That's rich coming from someone who believes snakes can talk.

[quote name='Winchester' date='22 October 2009 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1256231683' post='1989689']
He has no business being upset. He's an atheist. There is no such thing as human dignity in an atheist worldview--there is only the division into strong and weak. Anything else is inconsistent theism of one sort or another.

And this is also a transparent attempt to permit him to demonize religion in his own mind because he is so influenced by society that he cannot completely accept his atheism.
[/quote]
:yahoo:

[quote name='Varg' date='22 October 2009 - 01:16 PM' timestamp='1256231807' post='1989692']
That's rich coming from someone who believes snakes can talk.
[/quote]
Like you don't believe in lawyers.

[quote name='Varg' date='22 October 2009 - 12:16 PM' timestamp='1256231807' post='1989692']
That's rich coming from someone who believes snakes can talk.
[/quote]
:console: Did you miss your nap time today?
FYI, it's a *serpent*, not a snake. Duh.

[quote name='Winchester' date='22 October 2009 - 01:14 PM' timestamp='1256231683' post='1989689']
There is no such thing as human dignity in an atheist worldview
[/quote]
Uh...Lol?

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='22 October 2009 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1256231894' post='1989696']
:console: Did you miss your nap time today?
FYI, it's a *serpent*, not a snake. Duh.
[/quote]
They're the same thing

[quote name='Varg' date='22 October 2009 - 12:22 PM' timestamp='1256232142' post='1989703']
They're the same thing
[/quote]
[img]http://webspace.webring.com/people/jv/vibes/chill_pill.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Varg' date='22 October 2009 - 01:21 PM' timestamp='1256232066' post='1989700']
Uh...Lol?
[/quote]
Yes, I am aware you haven't thought your beliefs through. You needn't show everyone else, though.

[quote name='Varg' date='22 October 2009 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1256232315' post='1989709']
BRB guys, I'm off to demolish a church and erect a monument to the sun god in its place. But it's ok cos Christians are all wack!
[/quote]
You're about two decades late. Church arson is so Scandanavian 1990s.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

Every place we walk was probably sacred in someway to someone at sometime. Why are the casing stones gone from the Great Pyramid? Because when it was no longer a special place, people recycled the stones into their buildings. There are stones from the Alexandrian Lighthouse used in the present buildings there in Egypt. Nazis recycled the granite headstones from Jewish cemeteries as street material. We use the concrete from old bridges and old warships as artificial reefs. When something has lost its usefulness, or its meaning, using it for something new is a way of bringing it back to life in a way. I thought you youngsters were radical for recycling.

1700 years ago, buildings couldn't be built in a few weeks or months like they can be today. Re-purposing pagan shrines did two things. It kept the church from having to invest time, money and effort into building new structures, and it effectively got rid of the pagan shrine without having to worry about radical pagans chaining themselves to the doors to keep the bulldozers out.

KnightofChrist

Why does a Atheist care what people of faith do? Without God man is just a mere animal, nothing would be sacred. No right and wrong, no good and bad, and certainly no good and evil. All those beliefs are constructs of faith, which is contradictory to Athiesm.

There would be nothing wrong with murder, "murder" is just another construct of religious faith. In Athiesm murder is nothing more than survival of the fitness. One animal terminating the bio functions of another. "Mass-murder" and war would also be just nature's way of ridding itself of genetic waste.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='Winchester' date='22 October 2009 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1256230266' post='1989661']
I justify it by your rules: Survival of the fittest.
[/quote]
:yes: :yahoo:

[quote name='Varg' date='22 October 2009 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1256232315' post='1989709']
BRB guys, I'm off to demolish a church and erect a monument to the sun god in its place. But it's ok cos Christians are all wack!
[/quote]

Why? Wouldn't that mean that there is a god to you? I thought you were atheist. Honestly, I kinda agree with people here. I don't really knowwhy you care. I would think that if you are aetheist, there is no god. Therefore Christians have got it wrong, Jews have it wrong, Muslims have it wrong and pagans have it wrong. So, why don't you sit back, have some tea and crumpets, and watch us "wack" people duke it out?