An Old School Catholic Message Board

Young-Earth Creationism

dentarthurdent95

Chestertonian

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='22 October 2009 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1256255372' post='1989864']
Stormstopper,

not a single one of us appreciates your ridiculous posturing. These personal attacks are immature and useless. Don't you dare bring up Jesus using 'strong language', because you are truly not even worthy to untie the thong on His sandals. Your arrogance is unjustifiable and filled with hate.

By the mercy of God,

Nihil Obstat
[/quote]

plus one

Question:
Do those of you still talking to StromStauer have conversations with your answering machines?
If not, maybe you should start - it has a better chance of listening to, comprehending, and accepting/reasonably refuting your points.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='23 October 2009 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1256271544' post='1990106']
Question:
Do those of you still talking to StromStauer have conversations with your answering machines?
If not, maybe you should start - it has a better chance of listening to, comprehending, and accepting/reasonably refuting your points.
[/quote] :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

By the way, Nihil Obstat, I have been laughing at post #99 all day. Thank you, I am grateful for the hummor Nihil Obstat and "Jesus_lol".

Edited by Mr.CatholicCat

[quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' date='23 October 2009 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1256278486' post='1990144']
:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

By the way, Nihil Obstat, I have been laughing at post #99 all day. Thank you, I am grateful for the hummor Nihil Obstat and "Jesus_lol".
[/quote]

hehe no problem its how we canadians roll. bte, my SN doesnt really lend itself well to nicknames so call me Nick, most "in the know" here do :P

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='22 October 2009 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1256244598' post='1989796']
It's because God has a sense of humour.

"Ahahahaha, whatcha gonna do with these, boy?"

Honestly, I think that's more biology than evolution. Until males start producing testosterone in greater amounts, and females start producing more estrogen, their chests are identical. If I had to guess from a layman's perspective, I'd say it's just a delay of differentiation between genders, in a way. After all, men and women are nearly genetically identical.
[/quote]
Men can actually lactate. Usually this involves giving them hormones, but I think it's possible with enough nipple stimulation. I imagine it would take a bit longer since he wouldn't have spent 9 months with his body preparing for lactation.

[quote name='Stormstopper' date='22 October 2009 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1256250548' post='1989820']
Apo, you really do like to insert comments to do anything you can to make God not mean what He says---anything to escape the obvious----anything to make matters more complicated----anything to demote the Bible as much as possible to make it as confusing to as many possible and I can only wonder what the Lord thinks of you.

THE FACT is that if the Hebrew word for day (YOM) is used, to be exact, 357 times [u]outside[/u] of Genesis 1 to signify a normal 24 hour day, then all logic dictates that we conclude it means a 24 hour period [u]inside[/u] Genesis 1. Rail against it all you want. You are boxing against the wind.
[/quote]
And there are also instances, AFAIK, of yom being used and not denoting a literal 24-hour day. One must look at context. From what I've seen in my limited study of biblical Hebrew, the literary style of Genesis 1 does not necessarily denote a literal accounting of events. The important point in the passage is [i]that [/i]God created everything ex nihilo, not the "how" of it.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Archaeology cat' date='23 October 2009 - 02:09 AM' timestamp='1256285382' post='1990168']
Men can actually lactate. Usually this involves giving them hormones, but I think it's possible with enough nipple stimulation. I imagine it would take a bit longer since he wouldn't have spent 9 months with his body preparing for lactation.
[/quote]

ow... nice visual thank you for that :mellow:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='23 October 2009 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1256287033' post='1990172']
ow... nice visual thank you for that :mellow:
[/quote]
Sorry.

YEC & anti-evolutionism is today what anti-heliocentrism was yesterday. The future will find it just as scandalous; I already have, in my evangelistic efforts with atheists, found the wounds of severe scandal from YEC. They think that YEC is the "true" and necessary stance of Christian doctrine and that the Christians who reject it are not towing party lines and are probably liars. In other words, they find Christians to be essentially stupid - or at least, on average, less intelligent - and their experiences with Christians tend to back up the stereotype.