An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Women Serve On Navy Subs?

Lil Red

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ironically, before I read the article about women serving on submarines in my local paper this morning, there was an article about a
woman state trooper, suing over sexual harassment.

Women serving in the military hasn't worked as well as people like to believe.

I spoke with a guy who served in Iraq at the rank of Major.

He said, he had to write up one tent of females, who were running a prostitution ring.

Other female soldiers were reporting for sick call due to exhaustion, and a far higher rate than males.

Sexual harassment complaints were constant, whenever a female wanted to get out of a unit where the duty
wasn't so good.

This left holes in duty assignments, requiring their fellow soldiers to do double duty. Moral was bad.

A submarine has a small living space, where the isles-ways are very narrow, and sleeping quarters are tight.

You can only imagine the amount of sexual harassment complaints that we'll see, once women and men serve together
on subs.

BTW, one of the ships during the 1st Gulf War, was called the "Love Boat," there was so much hanky panky going on.

Jim

[quote name='JimR-OCDS' date='14 October 2009 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1255531116' post='1985103']
Ironically, before I read the article about women serving on submarines in my local paper this morning, there was an article about a
woman state trooper, suing over sexual harassment.

Women serving in the military hasn't worked as well as people like to believe.

I spoke with a guy who served in Iraq at the rank of Major.

He said, he had to write up one tent of females, who were running a prostitution ring.

Other female soldiers were reporting for sick call due to exhaustion, and a far higher rate than males.

Sexual harassment complaints were constant, whenever a female wanted to get out of a unit where the duty
wasn't so good.

This left holes in duty assignments, requiring their fellow soldiers to do double duty. Moral was bad.

A submarine has a small living space, where the isles-ways are very narrow, and sleeping quarters are tight.

You can only imagine the amount of sexual harassment complaints that we'll see, once women and men serve together
on subs.

BTW, one of the ships during the 1st Gulf War, was called the "Love Boat," there was so much hanky panky going on.

Jim
[/quote]
That's very interesting. When I was active with the Florida Navy Moms, one of the moms whose daughter was in Italy if I remember correctly, got out of her duty assignment by claiming harassment. I took everything that I was told at the time at face value. She got re-assigned to the base of her choice that just happened to be where her boyfriend was stationed. I've met a lot of abuse survivors in my life, and she didn't fit the profile. At the time, I thought she was in a denial phase, or was just toughing it out. It never occurred to me that she might have claimed the whole thing to get a posting she wanted. The officer she accused was cashiered.