An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Women Serve On Navy Subs?

Lil Red

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

+J.M.J.+
Got this from http://www.debbieschlussel.com/

[quote]Is the U.S. Navy ready for periods and pregnancies aboard our nation’s military submarines?

If not, the maritime military branch had better get ready. Sadly, today, Navy Secretary Ray Mabus announced a policy change allowing women to serve on Navy subs.

Remember, during the Gulf War, when many single female soldiers serving on a Naval supply ship–I believe it was the U.S.S. Ted Kennedy Letterman, I mean the Acadia–got pregnant? Yup, 36 chicks got pregnant on that ship and all of ‘em had to be shipped home at taxpayer expense. And that was in 1991. In the 18 years since, women are even sluttier and people were less promiscuous.

Serving on a sub means serving in quarters so much tinier than a ship and doing so for prolonged periods of time submerged. Women in such close quarters can only pose a problem. This isn’t about equal rights or addressing alleged “sexism.” It’s about lots of periods and pregnancies that are both going to occur because the Obamaniks made this stupid move. It’s just human nature that these problems will happen. Moreover, it’s unsanitary, unhealthy, and socially stunting. Does America really need to put women in sardine cans under the sea to prove they have equal opportunity?

Only in lunacy land. And we’re there.

[quote]Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus says allowing women to serve on submarines is an idea whose time has come.

And, he says, he sees no major hurdles from the Obama administration implementing the policy change.

Mabus gave no timeline for when the change would take effect. He says officials first must come up with a plan for how to do it, notify Congress of the plan and then the women must complete training to serve.

Mabus says women should have the ability to serve throughout the Navy and the proposed change would be in keeping with that. His comments came Thursday during a visit to Northrop Grumman Corp.’s shipbuilding yard in Pascagoula.[/quote]

Other reports say women could be on the submerged vessels as soon as 2011.

Yup, get ready for more tax-funded pregnancy leave (or abortions) for military chicks who’ve served on submarines, come 2011.

Tampons . . . now available on submarines.[/quote]

so what do you think?

Nihil Obstat
:blink:
Both the original post and the reply were so poorly written that I have trouble taking either position seriously.

Women are small, use less oxygen, and can handle isolation better than men. The question shouldn't be should women serve, but should men.

[quote]In the 18 years since,[b] women are even sluttier[/b] and people were less promiscuous.[/quote]

This comment right here makes me want to ignore anything else this person had to say. So it's only the women who are "slutty" not the men? Sorry but it takes two to have sex! Maybe we should teach men to keep their pants zipped up! Sorry but that comment just ticked me off.

And about the 36 pregnancies, if she read the article that she quoted she would have read that 14 of those women had become pregnant prior to being placed on the ship!

[quote name='CatherineM' date='08 October 2009 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1255036469' post='1981191']
Women are small, use less oxygen, and can handle isolation better than men. The question shouldn't be should women serve, but should men.
[/quote]
i resent that :mellow:

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='CatherineM' date='08 October 2009 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1255036469' post='1981191']
[/quote]
:lol: you're posts are class imo.

I don't agree with mixing men and women on a sub but if they had an all womans sub... Assuming one accepts the appropriateness of women in the military and/or in combat I don't see a problem. Apart from women being bad drivers and excessively emotional (kidding).

Laudate_Dominum

I guess astronauts do coed missions, and the biospheres... I can see a certain similarity perhaps. If the people are very professional maybe it isn't bad.. But I don't know enough about it, maybe there are problems with that in NASA and those biosphere experiments. I don't know what military culture is really like, I imagine movies that I've seen when I think about this. lol.

If there are problems because people are not professional or they are not screening people properly (like a pregnant lady!? come on!), then it should be prohibited but I really don't know about the general idea of women on subs. The jokes about tampons seems like a cheap shot to me and not an argument.

[quote]Does America really need to put women in sardine cans under the sea to prove they have equal opportunity?[/quote]
Heck no! But should the idea of women being in a sub be anathema just because, and no matter what? The Dharma Initiative sent women on the submarine to the Island so who cares?. lulz.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='08 October 2009 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1255040616' post='1981249']
I don't agree with mixing men and women on a sub but if they had an all womans sub... Assuming one accepts the appropriateness of women in the military and/or in combat I don't see a problem.
[/quote]
I, for one, would not want to be in an all-women sub. I have many women friends, like them, and enjoy spending time with them, but I can't imagine wanting to be in a small, enclosed space with a bunch of women for an extended period of time. That might well be one of the circles of hell ...

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='08 October 2009 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1255040616' post='1981249']
Apart from women being bad drivers and excessively emotional (kidding).
[/quote]
:annoyed:

:mellow:

:P

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='08 October 2009 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1255041145' post='1981253']
I, for one, would not want to be in an all-women sub. I have many women friends, like them, and enjoy spending time with them, but I can't imagine wanting to be in a small, enclosed space with a bunch of women for an extended period of time. That might well be one of the circles of hell ...
[/quote]
[color="#000000"]Haha, yeah, the idea of being on a sub for more than a day doesn't sound like my idea of fun. When I speculate favorably about this topic I am imagining the most professional military people; switching it to a group of sorority sisters does sound like hell at 20,000 leagues under the sea. Plus, when I recall certain people who I've known that joined the military I'm suddenly against it. lol. :lol:

If only everyone was the c[color="#000000"]rap[/color] like Dallas. ;)[/color]

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='08 October 2009 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1255041552' post='1981258']
[color="#000000"]Haha, yeah, the idea of being on a sub for more than a day doesn't sound like my idea of fun. When I speculate favorably about this topic I am imagining the most professional military people; switching it to a group of sorority sisters does sound like hell at 20,000 leagues under the sea. Plus, when I recall certain people who I've known that joined the military I'm suddenly against it. lol. :lol:

If only everyone was the c[color="#000000"]rap[/color] like Dallas. ;)[/color]
[/quote]
:lol: I completely agree. Not that military women are like sorority sisters, necessarily, but ... let's just say that I've often found living with women to be difficult. Much easier to live with guys, although in this situation that brings its own issues.

Dallas is a swell dude; you're right we should have more like him! :smokey:

[quote name='Winchester' date='08 October 2009 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1255042557' post='1981265']
Yes, all three meals.
[/quote]
:lol: too bad i dont have any more +'s

[quote name='notardillacid' date='08 October 2009 - 07:03 PM' timestamp='1255043038' post='1981272']
I don't know why they would want to with seamen everywhere :whistle:
[/quote]
He said "seamen" hehehe.

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='08 October 2009 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1255041145' post='1981253']
but I can't imagine wanting to be in a small, enclosed space with a bunch of women for an extended period of time. That might well be one of the circles of hell ...
[/quote]

ROFL!!!!!! I completely agree!