An Old School Catholic Message Board

Christian Confusion On Crucifixion

todd_vetter33

todd_vetter33

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='09 October 2009 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1255136065' post='1982061']
Then why are you using the Scriptures to back your arguments??

Subjective interpretation of the Scriptures. Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous.
[/quote]

I'm using written history to back my arguments. Scripture is what God directs living men to speak. It's your definition/perception of scripture that is incorrect. we covered this several pages back when i illustrated two verses of testimony for the same prophecy.. only one was Scripture.. true testimony.

Edited by todd_vetter33

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Formosus' date='09 October 2009 - 07:50 PM' timestamp='1255135825' post='1982058']
I don't know if this has been answered yet, but according to the Roman tradition of dating, Friday is three days from Sunday as they count the beginning of the third day as being three days. I noticed this in my latin book when it was explaining the dating on Roman letters.

It appears I misunderstood the topic. As for the OP, there was no different version of the Bible found in a tibetan monastery. Provide a scholarly source for such nonsense.
[/quote]

Another example of someone jumping into the conversation with out reviewing the topic of discussion.

Here is a helpful link that illustrates the perception you are attempting to display. it also illustrates objectivly all other Christian arguments for this topic objectively to allow truth to be seen by God's time line.

[url="http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection.pdf"]http://www.thedeathandresurection.com/pdf/the%20death%20and%20resurrection.pdf[/url]

todd_vetter33

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='09 October 2009 - 08:03 PM' timestamp='1255136594' post='1982071']
Here is a bit of ambiance for this debate.

[media][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVD1OlqtZvY"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qVD1OlqtZvY[/url][/media]
[/quote]

Now i'm laughing!!! LOL

HisChildForever

Guys, I finally went to that link. It's [b]fifty-five pages[/b] of Adobe, with crazy text colors and graphs that look like chicken scratch.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='09 October 2009 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1255137109' post='1982083']
Guys, I finally went to that link. It's [b]fifty-five pages[/b] of Adobe, with crazy text colors and graphs that look like chicken scratch.
[/quote]

It's 55 pages of Catholic doctrine applied to real time. If you prefer the power point i'll be happy to send it to you.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='09 October 2009 - 08:16 PM' timestamp='1255137375' post='1982090']
[i]Please[/i] tell me you didn't make this yourself.
[/quote]

I do nothing of myself unless The heavenly parent give it to me to do or to say. It's the only way to bare true witness. There is a jewish tradition of washing hands, You may have heard about it briefly in the NT. part of this Tradtion requires that once you wash your hands (symbolic of Repentance from Evil actions) you say nothing untill seated at the Lords Table to eat the Lords supper. Nothing is spoken by anyone untill the bread is put into the mouth. The bread is symbolic of the word of God. Speak what God gives you to say and you will not be made to look silly and your words will be truth backed by truth in history.

You must be able to choose bewtween what is true and what is false. To live in the false is to love and exist in the lie. Choose wisely and find truth, you will truly live in truth because truth will be the Way of Life.

This is why Christ answered Pilate in the manner he did which is missing from your current Catholic NT.

Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again and called Jesus and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews? Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me; what hast thou done? Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world, if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servant’s fight that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now is my kingdom not from hence. Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a King then? Jesus answered; Thou sayest that I am, yea, a King I am. To this end was I born and for this cause came I unto the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. [b][u]Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice[/u][/b]. Pilate said unto him, what is truth? [u]Jesus said, Truth is from heaven. Pilate said, Then truth is not on earth. Jesus said unto Pilate, [b]Believe thou, that truth is on earth amongst those who receive and obey it. They are of the truth who judge righteously[/b][/u]. And when he had heard this, he went out again unto the Jews and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all. And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders he answered them nothing. Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not, how many things they witness against thee? And he answered them never a word, insomuch that the governor marveled greatly, and again he said unto them, I find no fault in this man.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='09 October 2009 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1255137109' post='1982083']
[/quote]

since you missed this in the chicken scratch i thought you would like me to bring it to your attention.

A Catholic Bishop from before the 3rd and 4th century counsils had this to say about the death and resurrection prophetic Time. Did God put in his mouth what to say? Why does his testimony speak differently than you? Is the catholic bishop telling the truth?

[b]Reference: [/b][b][url="http://www.bombaxo.com/didascalia.html"][color="#284b72"]http://www.bombaxo.com/didascalia. html[/color][/url][/b][b]
[/b][b]Didascalia Apostolorum

[/b][b]-[v. 13] Wherefore, when you fast, pray and intercede for [[181]] them that are lost; as we also did when our Savior suffered. [v. 14] [/b][b]For while He [/b][b]was yet with us before He suffered, as we were eating the Passover with Him, He said to us: [/b][b][i]To-day, in this night, one of you will betray me. [/i][/b][b](p. 88) [/b][b][i]And we said unto Him, each one of us: Is it I, Lord? And he answered and said to us: He that putteth forth his hand with me into the dish [/i][/b][b][Mk [/b][b]14.30; Mt 26.21-23 (Mk 14.18-20)]. And Judas Iscariot, who was one of us, rose up and went his way to betray Him [cf. Jn 13.30]. Then our Lord [/b][b]said to us: [/b][b][i]Verily I say unto you, a little while and ye will leave me; for it is written: I will strike the shepherd, and the lambs of his flock shall be [/i][/b][b][i]scattered [/i][/b][b][Jn 16.32; Mt 26.31; Mk 14.27][/b][b][i]. [/i][/b][b]And Judas came with the scribes and with the priests of the people, and betrayed our Lord Jesus. [/b][u][b]-Now this was done on the fourth day of the week. For when we had eaten the Passover on the third day of the week at even, we went forth to the [/b][b]Mount of Olives; and in the night they seized our Lord Jesus. And the next day, which was the fourth of the week[/b][b],[/b][/u][b] He remained in ward in the [/b][b]house of Caiaphas the high priest. And on the same day the chiefs of the people were assembled and took counsel against Him. And on the next [/b][b]day again, which was the fifth of the week, they brought Him to Pilate the governor. And He remained again in ward with Pilate the night after the [/b][b]fifth day of the week. But when it drew on (towards day) on the Friday, [[182]] [/b][b][i]they accused him much [/i][/b][b][Mk 15.3] before Pilate; and they could [/b][b]show nothing that was true, but gave false witness against Him. And they asked Him of Pilate to be put to death; and they crucified Him on the [/b][b]same Friday. [/b][b]-[/b][b]He suffered, then, at the sixth hour on Friday. And these hours wherein our Lord was crucified were reckoned a day. And afterwards, again, there [/b][b]was darkness for three hours; and it was reckoned a night. And again, from the ninth hour until evening, three hours, (reckoned) a day. And [/b][b]afterwards again, (there was) the night of the Sabbath of the Passion. -- But in the Gospel of Matthew it is thus written:[/b][b] [/b][b][i]At even on the sabbath, [/i][/b][b][i]when the first day of the week drew on, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the tomb[/i][/b][b][i]. [/i][/b][b][i]And there was a great earthquake: for an angel [/i][/b][b][i]of the Lord came down and rolled away the stone [/i][/b][b][Mt 28.1-2][/b][b][i]. [/i][/b][b]-- And again (there was) the day of the Sabbath;[/b][b] [/b][b]and then three hours of the night [/b][b]after the Sabbath[/b][b], [/b][b]wherein our Lord slept. And that was fulfilled which He said: [/b][b][i]The Son of man must pass three days and three nights in the [/i][/b][b][i]heart of the earth[/i][/b][b] [Mt 12.40][/b][b][i], [/i][/b][b]as it is written in the Gospel. And again it is written in David: [/b][b][i]Behold, thou hast set my days in measure[/i][/b][b] [Ps 38.6 [/b][b]LXX][/b][b][i]. [/i][/b][b]Now because those days and nights came short, it was so written. [[183]] [/b]

Edited by todd_vetter33

HisChildForever

[quote name='todd_vetter33' date='09 October 2009 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1255138100' post='1982099']
This is why Christ answered Pilate in the manner he did which is missing from your current Catholic NT.

Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again and called Jesus and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews? Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?
Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me; what hast thou done? Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world, if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servant’s fight that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now is my kingdom not from hence. Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a King then? Jesus answered; Thou sayest that I am, yea, a King I am. To this end was I born and for this cause came I unto the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. [b][u]Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice[/u][/b]. Pilate said unto him, what is truth? [u]Jesus said, Truth is from heaven. Pilate said, Then truth is not on earth. Jesus said unto Pilate, [b]Believe thou, that truth is on earth amongst those who receive and obey it. They are of the truth who judge righteously[/b][/u]. And when he had heard this, he went out again unto the Jews and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all. And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders he answered them nothing. Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not, how many things they witness against thee? And he answered them never a word, insomuch that the governor marveled greatly, and again he said unto them, I find no fault in this man.
[/quote]

Nice try. You snatched this excerpt out of the "Gospel" of Nicodemus (re: your newly created thread).

I guess you also follow the "Gospel" of Thomas, Judas, and Mary Magdalene too?

Good riddance, I'm going out now.

What's a counsil? Is it like tonsils?

Jesus couldn't have risen on Monday. Mondays smell of elderberries. Even Jesus hates Mondays.

todd_vetter33

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='09 October 2009 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1255138574' post='1982109']
Nice try. You snatched this excerpt out of the "Gospel" of Nicodemus (re: your newly created thread).

I guess you also follow the "Gospel" of Thomas, Judas, and Mary Magdalene too?

Good riddance, I'm going out now.
[/quote]

Here are the links for the two very separate documents which once again you mis quoted me on. The testimony you claimed was from Gospel of Nicodemus is from the G-12 text. Here are the links for both references so that you can see for your self.

[url="http://reluctant-messenger.com/essene/gospel_index.htm"]http://reluctant-mes...ospel_index.htm[/url]

[url="http://reluctant-messenger.com/gospel-nicodemus.htm"]http://reluctant-mes...l-nicodemus.htm[/url]

Now don't you look silly once again for jumping to conclusions on matters you know nothing about? Don't you wish God put the truth in your mouth to speak so that you would not be exposed as a liar and one who misquotes? Are you the poster child for Catholic truth in concert with Catholic education? You'll find a very distinct difference in a line of text by Nicodemus in comparison to the G-12 text. A line of testimony that was changed by Rome from the Original quote of Nicodemus.

Gospel of nicodemus puts it this way.

This below testimony is from Gospel of Nicodemus and it's very consistent with John testimony, however, the underlined section is completely missing from John testimony.

[font="Times New Roman"]And Pilate went in again into the judgment hall and called Jesus apart and said unto him: Art thou the King of the Jews? Jesus answered and said to Pilate: Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? Pilate answered Jesus: Am I also a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? Jesus answered: My kingdom is not of this world; for if my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have striven that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Pilate said unto him: Art thou a king, then? Jesus answered him: Thou sayest that I am a king; for this cause was I born and am come, that every one that is of the truth should hear my voice. Pilate saith unto him: What is truth? [u]Jesus saith unto him: Truth is of heaven. Pilate saith: Is there not truth upon earth?[/u] [u][b]Jesus saith unto Pilate: Thou seest how that they which speak the truth are judged of them that have authority upon earth.[/b][/u] And Pilate left Jesus in the judgment hall and went forth to the Jews and said unto them: I find no fault in him.

the G-12 text puts it this way.

[color="#000000"]Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again and called Jesus and said unto him, [/color]Art thou the King of the Jews?[color="#000000"] [/color]Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? [color="#000000"]Pilate answered, [/color]Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me; what hast thou done?[color="#000000"] Jesus answered, [/color]My kingdom is not of this world, if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servant's fight that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now is my kingdom not from hence.[color="#000000"] Pilate therefore said unto him, [/color]Art thou a King then?[color="#000000"] Jesus answered; [/color]Thou sayest that I am, yea, a King I am. To this end was I born and for this cause came I unto the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. [b]Every one that is of the truth heareth my voic[u]e[/u][/b].[color="#000000"] Pilate said unto him, [/color]what is truth?[color="#000000"] [/color][u][color="#000000"]Jesus said, [/color]Truth is from heaven.[color="#000000"] Pilate said, [/color]Then truth is not on earth[/u][color="#000000"][u]. Jesus said unto Pilate[/u], [/color][b][u]Believe thou, that truth is on earth amongst those who receive and obey it. They are of the truth who judge righteously[/u][/b][color="#000000"][u].[/u] And when he had heard this, he went out again unto the Jews and saith unto them, [/color]I find in him no fault at all[color="#000000"]. And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders he answered them nothing. Then said Pilate unto him, [/color]Hearest thou not, how many things they witness against thee? [color="#000000"]And he answered them never a word, insomuch that the governor marveled greatly, and again he said unto them[/color], I find no fault in this man.

[/font]

Edited by todd_vetter33