An Old School Catholic Message Board

Debate

dairygirl4u2c

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dairygirl4u2c

just curious what the results will be.
i know it's two sides of the same coin. but as pollsters do often, they are seeing which people are more psychologically prone to. even if to some extent it's a 'false dichotomy' or even if someone were to say 'truth' on here but be more prone to focusing on doubt in real world circumstances.

dairygirl4u2c

i couldnt decide either. when i was younger i would have been more prone to sayin doubt. now im a little more prone to sayin truth. but now it's a 'tough to say' situation.
i wondered if a religious forum would be clearly prone to sayin truth.

I would have to say truth. I mean in a way it will expose both but out of confusion comes truth.

For some debates, you have to look hard...no harder. There ya go.

thessalonian

Anybody see the Brett Favre commercial yet where he is trying to make up his mind about a TV. Hillarious. Escpecially for a vikings fan.

thessalonian

As for my answer, I have been in debates and in the end they have always deepened my understanding of truth. The light shines and can be seen in the darkness very clearly.

rhetoricfemme

Debate can bring both clarity or confusion. However, if it brings about confusion, or reveals areas of doubt, then one now knows that they did not understand as well as they may have thought. Which is a truth in itself. :detective:

Stormstopper

[color="#006400"]"For there must be heresies among you, that they which are approved, may be made manifest among you" (1 Cor 11:19).

God allows disputes to arise so a debate CAN materialize and the better of the two positions be "made manifest".[/color]

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='07 October 2009 - 06:46 AM' timestamp='1254912413' post='1979771']
I don't think debate exposes truth, at least in most cases.
[/quote]

On the internets it usually just exposes malice.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Theoketos' date='07 October 2009 - 07:30 AM' timestamp='1254915012' post='1979777']
On the internets it usually just exposes malice.
[/quote]
so true...