An Old School Catholic Message Board

Noetic Science

goldenchild17

goldenchild17

Anybody know anything about it? I'm sure it's probably not compatible with the Faith but its somewhat interesting.

goldenchild17

http://www.noetic.org/about/what_is.cfm

yeah it seems more problematic the more I read about it. Definitely some questionable new-agey kind of stuff in there.

But the underlying idea of being able to measure the affect of the mind on the physical world is interesting. Also the possibility of scientifically measuring the real physical power of prayer on its intended target. Plus the power of the collective mind as opposed to one (ie. two heads are better than one). So far it seems to be used for many not so kosher ideas, but I think the potential to study prayer and the soul (if this science can be legitimate) is a fascinating concept.

Edited by goldenchild17

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='08 October 2009 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1254976745' post='1980669']
http://www.noetic.org/about/what_is.cfm

yeah it seems more problematic the more I read about it. Definitely some questionable new-agey kind of stuff in there.
[/quote]

Yeah, I just read the thread title, and was pretty certain that New Age-y stuff was in there ... :topsy:

goldenchild17

[quote name='mommas_boy' date='07 October 2009 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1254977110' post='1980672']
Yeah, I just read the thread title, and was pretty certain that New Age-y stuff was in there ... :topsy:
[/quote]

Definitely, but still, if the science can be verified then maybe there could be some interesting potential for good studies on the non-weird stuff. but yeah I don't know, the crazy stuff might be too much to sift through to make it worth exploring.

[img]http://www.noetic.org/page_images/logo.gif[/img]
Looks like they don't even know how to do jumping jacks right.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Didacus' date='08 October 2009 - 07:29 AM' timestamp='1255001356' post='1980740']
That group sounds as bright as your avatar character looks.
[/quote]
:annoyed: Why I eyes ya!

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='08 October 2009 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1254977697' post='1980679']
Definitely, but still, if the science can be verified then maybe there could be some interesting potential for good studies on the non-weird stuff. but yeah I don't know, the crazy stuff might be too much to sift through to make it worth exploring.
[/quote]

The problem, of course, would be measurement. How again?

goldenchild17

[quote name='mommas_boy' date='08 October 2009 - 07:01 AM' timestamp='1255006893' post='1980783']
The problem, of course, would be measurement. How again?
[/quote]

I'm not a scientist so I'm not sure. But there are theories out there on how it might be done. anyways, I don't know enough to discuss it. Just posted on a whim when I came across it.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='08 October 2009 - 08:03 AM' timestamp='1255003381' post='1980750']
:annoyed: Why I eyes ya!
[/quote]

I was refering to Goldie's avatar.

He looks happy, or at least content, but just not the sahrpest tool in a shed full of hammers.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Didacus' date='08 October 2009 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1255029403' post='1981054']
I was refering to Goldie's avatar.

He looks happy, or at least content, but just not the sahrpest tool in a shed full of hammers.
[/quote]
Yeah, Goldie's avatar is Adam the space hippie and I happen to be a space hippie. :sadder: I forgive you.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='08 October 2009 - 03:19 PM' timestamp='1255029565' post='1981056']
Yeah, Goldie's avatar is Adam the space hippie and I happen to be a space hippie. :sadder: I forgive you.
[/quote]

You are a little sharper than Adam, to that I have no doubt.
(and probably better looking too!)

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Didacus' date='08 October 2009 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1255029907' post='1981063']
You are a little sharper than Adam, to that I have no doubt.
(and probably better looking too!)
[/quote]
:clap:

:cool!:

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='08 October 2009 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1255030973' post='1981079']
:clap:

:cool!:
[/quote]

Yet no positive vote.

Were in this world has the justice gone...
:sadwalk: