An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gates Of Hell

Winchester

Stormstopper

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='02 October 2009 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1254520631' post='1976440']
What about Luke 22 and John 21?

[/quote]

Rez....

I can't recall what verse you are alluding to in Luke 22, so kindly clarify. As for John 21, I assume you are trying to put some sort of papal primacy into Christ telling Pete to feed His sheep. D[font="Arial"][size="2"]o you seriously think that THAT is a proof for the papacy???? If so, you need to take a wake up pill. Paul also told the elders of the church to "watch over the flock which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to feed the church of God" (Ax 20:17; 28). And Peter Himself says to, "feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight" (1 Peter 5:1). Thus, your argument disappears into nothingness.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Stormstopper' date='02 October 2009 - 06:02 PM' timestamp='1254528121' post='1976482']
[font="Arial"][size="2"]Although I was unaware that Jesus posed for photographers, I do thank you, Sacred for submitting the picture. It shows that Jesus really did believe in Sola Scriptura afterall.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
This post makes no sense.

Sincerely,
Apollo, your friendly Phatmass sun god

HisChildForever

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='02 October 2009 - 08:07 PM' timestamp='1254528450' post='1976484']
[/quote]

Correction, none of them do.

you know when they translated the bible it's too bad they left out some of the more crucial verses. like the 11th commandment "thou shalt not overuse the Caps lock button" and the clause that renders the 6th commandment moot if an opponent breaks the 11th.

Stormstopper

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='02 October 2009 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1254528450' post='1976484']

Sincerely,
Apollo, your friendly Phatmass sun god
[/quote]

Sacred Heart has a picture of "jesus" in her comment box holding the Good Book.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Stormstopper' date='03 October 2009 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1254543772' post='1976580']
Sacred Heart has a picture of "jesus" in her comment box holding the Good Book.
[/quote]

And what part of the Bible talks about Sola Scriptura?

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Kitty' date='03 October 2009 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1254542851' post='1976574']
What the gates of hell look like:
[img]http://www.carsareevil.com/images/walmart.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
:rolling:

I totally feel the same way...

[quote name='Stormstopper' date='02 October 2009 - 07:06 PM' timestamp='1254528395' post='1976483']
Rez....

I can't recall what verse you are alluding to in Luke 22, so kindly clarify. As for John 21, I assume you are trying to put some sort of papal primacy into Christ telling Pete to feed His sheep. D[font="Arial"][size="2"]o you seriously think that THAT is a proof for the papacy???? If so, you need to take a wake up pill. Paul also told the elders of the church to "watch over the flock which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to feed the church of God" (Ax 20:17; 28). And Peter Himself says to, "feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight" (1 Peter 5:1). Thus, your argument disappears into nothingness.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

Christ tells St. Peter to "strengthen his brothers" in Luke 22.

In John 21, Christ not only tells St. Peter to feed his lambs (the faithful in general) but also to feed His sheep (those over the lambs, the bishops). Of course SS. Peter and Paul would tell bishops to whom he they were writing to feed the flocks. That is what Christ told St. Peter, only Christ's call to feed His lambs and sheep was universal. St. Peter was called to feed Christ's whole flock, including Peter's brother bishops, and not just the faithful in one area.

Also, if you are so opposed to using the Bible to support Catholic doctrine, maybe you should become an Arian, because someone who reads the Bible without the guidance of Christian tradition is probably not going to come up with the Trinity.