An Old School Catholic Message Board

Top Ten Anti-catholics

Justified Saint

Justified Saint

We have had the top ten attacks but now we need the top ten people I think. ;)

Now these individuals are among those that try to couple scholarship with their anti-Catholic agenda, therefore Jack Chick, Bart Brewer, Jimmy Swaggart etc. won't be included. :)

1. Dave Hunt
2. Lorraine Boettner
3. James McCarthy
4. James White
5. Eric Svendsen
6. William Webster
7. Jason Engwer
8. David King
9. George Salmon
10. R. C. Sproul

Fred Phelps, well no one really takes him seriously. But I think that if he could be he would be Numero uno.

Edited by Theoketos

• 4 years later...

R.C. Sproul is anti-catholic? huh. i never knew that. I guess I was so horrified at his Calvinistic views that I didn't notice...

[quote name='Selah' post='1784374' date='Feb 18 2009, 11:27 AM']R.C. Sproul is anti-catholic? huh. i never knew that. I guess I was so horrified at his Calvinistic views that I didn't notice...[/quote]

R.C. does believe Catholics can go to Heaven with the right trust in Christ. It resembles a flip-side to how Catholics view Protestants. He is a courteous man, but straightforward about disagreements. He is the kind of anti-Catholic that would listen to you and debate wanting unity. There is another kind of Protestant that considers doctrine to be petty and will not debate anybody, but still says all the right things about Catholics. It is a 'pick your poison' so to speak.

Philip Pullman is certainly no fan of the Catholic Church...... Neither was George Bernard Shaw. So, I mean, what is the criteria for getting on this list? People who write serious anti-Catholic apologetics? People who write? People who are still living? Does it matter if they are atheist or Protestant?

I have to admit that I am not familiar with anyone you've listed, so clearly I'm not up to making the list myself.

I think it would be fun to make a list of Top Ten frothing-at-the-mouth anti-Catholics....and then we could find a place for Jack Chick, Fred Phelps and their ilk.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1784408' date='Feb 18 2009, 12:34 PM']How about Margaret Sanger?[/quote]
Yep. and Martin Luther.

Justified Saint

Wow, did anyone see the date on this? It is like 5 years old. I don't even know who most of those people are anymore...lol

I am pretty sure those are all contemporary apologists and that must have been my criteria, though I obviously did not provide it. That is all I can say, 5 years later. Notice it does say unofficial list :topsy:

[quote name='havok579257' post='1784430' date='Feb 18 2009, 12:52 PM']nancy pelosi :sadder:[/quote]

2nd that and Joe Biden

also any Pro-Choice and Pro-Gay "Marriage" person

and Survey Says

Barack Obama

Edited by Giolla

Wow,

So, Satan isn't the top Anti-Catholic?

Come on, if you're Christ's true lambs, you wouldn't care what other men thought of you, because you're at war with the devil.

You know - this guy - :devil:

Forget all those idiots, and focus on the real enemy.

Are they commiting blasphemy against the holy spirit which is the unforgivable sin ?
In the Catholic Bible it says blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is to attribute to the devil what is really a work of the Holy Sprit.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' post='1787127' date='Feb 21 2009, 01:58 AM']Are they commiting blasphemy against the holy spirit which is the unforgivable sin ?
In the Catholic Bible it says blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is to attribute to the devil what is really a work of the Holy Sprit.[/quote]

Then let them blasphemy, if it is really blasphemy.

Are we God to know what blasphemy against the holy spirit is?