An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women And Their Cosmetic Makeup

Era Might

[quote name='loveletslive' date='26 September 2009 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1254019998' post='1973212']
[mod] inappropriate- MIKolbe[/mod]
[/quote]
:annoyed: Waa?

I've seen people making out at a stop light. Broad daylight too. Then when the people behind them started honking because the light had turned green the guy went back to driving and realized they were right next to two nuns. I think he was a little embarrassed. :hehe:

[quote name='Kitty' date='26 September 2009 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1254000791' post='1973111']
Um, I wear makeup to help protect, conceal and calm down my acne. It also makes me feel better about myself because acne isn't very attractive, especially when it is inflamed and irritated.

Makeup, when done right, helps to enhance your natural beauty. Some people are lucky enough to go without makeup all the time and still look great, but some other people may not have such fantastic genes and want to put on some makeup. Don't think that it's just for sad people who have no self esteem.
[/quote]

I agree. I wear makeup if I have blemishes I want to cover up, or if I want to look more professional and put together. I don't go overboard and do crazy colors, typically. (But sometimes it's fun to experiment...) Guys always talk about how they like the "natural look" but I don't think they realize how much work might go into a natural look for some people.

[quote name='perfectunion33' date='26 September 2009 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1253998622' post='1973103']
I think the reason why women use makeup is because they have low self estem and arent comfortable with the way God made them. An attractive woman to me is one that is natural and perfectly happy with the way God created them.
[/quote]

Very much disagree. Why wear clothes or shoes with any style to them at all? Why cut one's hair? What about perfume? Why wear clothes with any color?

People can wear makeup and still look natural. There is a difference between taking some care in your appearance in order to look well -- and overdoing it and drawing too much attention to yourself. I wear small amounts of makeup, and if I don't, people (even people I have never met in my life) ask me if I'm sick, or tell me I should go home and get some sleep. That's pretty tiresome. I'd rather people not worry about me and know I'm doing just fine!

But come on ladies, not in the car!

Edited by Ash Wednesday

HisChildForever

[quote name='perfectunion33' date='26 September 2009 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1253998622' post='1973103']
I think the reason why women use makeup is because they have low self estem and arent comfortable with the way God made them. An attractive woman to me is one that is natural and perfectly happy with the way God created them.
[/quote]

Does this apply to women who wear high heels because they want to look taller?

I feel a bit ashamed too, I combed my hair while driving before, and while driving in reverse ([i]maybe[/i]).

My oldest brother is a semi driver, he has seen people grooming, putting makeup on, eating, and in a curious situation a state trooper reading as he drove.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Mr.CatholicCat' date='27 September 2009 - 02:10 PM' timestamp='1254075042' post='1973367']
My oldest brother is a semi driver, he has seen people grooming, putting makeup on, eating, and in a curious situation a state trooper reading as he drove.
[/quote]

In traffic, a man was taking care of his "needs" while looking at me. A pretty degrading experience.

shaving isnt that bad if you have a battery powered shaver. now what would be really impressive is if a dude used a straight razor to shave in the car.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='27 September 2009 - 02:22 PM' timestamp='1254075728' post='1973369']
In traffic, a man was taking care of his "needs" while looking at me. A pretty degrading experience.
[/quote]
Eww... another one?

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 September 2009 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1254075956' post='1973370']
shaving isnt that bad if you have a battery powered shaver. now what would be really impressive is if a dude used a straight razor to shave in the car.
[/quote]
Yeah. Really.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 September 2009 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1254075956' post='1973370']
[/quote]
That would be awesome. :lol:

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='27 September 2009 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1254079854' post='1973402']
actually a sharpened hatchet without shaving cream would be as impressive as it gets.
[/quote]
What about a saw?