An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women And Their Cosmetic Makeup

Era Might

[quote name='rachael' date='26 September 2009 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1253980374' post='1972966']
for the articles?
[/quote]
Are they printing articles in the centerfold these days?

perfectunion33

I think the reason why women use makeup is because they have low self estem and arent comfortable with the way God made them. An attractive woman to me is one that is natural and perfectly happy with the way God created them.

[quote name='perfectunion33' date='26 September 2009 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1253998622' post='1973103']
I think the reason why women use makeup is because they have low self estem and arent comfortable with the way God made them. An attractive woman to me is one that is natural and perfectly happy with the way God created them.
[/quote]

Um, I wear makeup to help protect, conceal and calm down my acne. It also makes me feel better about myself because acne isn't very attractive, especially when it is inflamed and irritated.

Makeup, when done right, helps to enhance your natural beauty. Some people are lucky enough to go without makeup all the time and still look great, but some other people may not have such fantastic genes and want to put on some makeup. Don't think that it's just for sad people who have no self esteem.

[quote name='perfectunion33' date='26 September 2009 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1253998622' post='1973103']
[/quote]
I don't think you should be making that kind of assumption. Wearing makeup does not necessarily imply that someone is unhappy with how they were created by God.

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='26 September 2009 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1253986318' post='1972992']
I'm a little ashamed to admit this, but one time i brushed my teeth while driving.
[/quote]
Hahahaha....:rolling:

[quote name='rachael' date='26 September 2009 - 11:35 AM' timestamp='1253979322' post='1972955']
i've seen a man plucking his nosehair
[/quote]

:lol:

Gross!

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Kitty' date='26 September 2009 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1254000791' post='1973111']
Um, I wear makeup to help protect, conceal and calm down my acne. It also makes me feel better about myself because acne isn't very attractive, especially when it is inflamed and irritated.

Makeup, when done right, helps to enhance your natural beauty. Some people are lucky enough to go without makeup all the time and still look great, but some other people may not have such fantastic genes and want to put on some makeup. Don't think that it's just for sad people who have no self esteem.
[/quote]

+1

Eh. There is nothing wrong with a woman making an effort to make herself attractive to men. What things cross the line of "lack of self-esteem/submission to male domination/etc.," is in large part an interior matter for the individual woman.

[quote name='Saint Therese' date='26 September 2009 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1253986318' post='1972992']
I'm a little ashamed to admit this, but one time i brushed my teeth while driving.
[/quote]

That reminds me of Mr. Bean. :lol:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFYoms6uf3M[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9xoDmNigJk&feature=related[/media]

Bad (scary) makeup:
[img]http://gobackandchange.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/cholahotness2345preview.jpg[/img]

Good (not scary) makeup
[img]http://www.facebybethany.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/natural-makeup.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Kitty' date='26 September 2009 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1254000791' post='1973111']

[/quote]
:yes:

I don't have the problems with acne I had as a teenager, and frankly am too lazy to put on makeup most mornings. I have good enough skin to get by with that now, but I was where you are once.

I do still wear makeup from time to time, for example when I want to look professional and put together, or when I want to dress up a little for my husband. I completely agree that makeup should enhance a woman's natural beauty, not compete with it.

A girl I went to law school used to put on her makeup driving. Wrapped the Mercedes daddy gave her as a graduation present around a tree in the school parking lot.

[quote name='' date='26 September 2009 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1253998622' post='1973103']
[/quote]

That's [i]just[/i] how I feel about humankind and clothes!

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='26 September 2009 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1254018721' post='1973206']
That's [i]just[/i] how I feel about humankind and clothes!

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
:lol_roll: :lol_roll: