An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women And Their Cosmetic Makeup

Era Might

What is it with women putting on makeup at stop lights? A car was behind me at a red light yesterday and the driver was putting on eye liner. I've never seen men shaving in their cars.

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='26 September 2009 - 09:05 AM' timestamp='1253970357' post='1972928']
I prefer to go without makeup than to put it on at stoplights ... which is why I'm typically makeup-free.
[/quote]
Is it just a matter of time that they don't finish their makeup before they leave? How long does it take to put on makeup?

I presume it is a matter of time. I would think just about anyone would prefer to put on makeup at home to putting it on at a stoplight. :idontknow:

It probably takes 10 min. or so. Probably less if you do it regularly, more if you have several kids distracting you while you are getting ready.

[quote name='Terra Firma' date='26 September 2009 - 09:05 AM' timestamp='1253970357' post='1972928']
I prefer to go without makeup than to put it on at stoplights ... which is why I'm typically makeup-free.
[/quote]
iawtc

[quote name='Era Might' date='26 September 2009 - 07:31 AM' timestamp='1253968303' post='1972924']
I've never seen men shaving in their cars.
[/quote]

I have.

[quote name='CatherineM' date='26 September 2009 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1253979133' post='1972953']
I have.
[/quote]
That would certainly be a sight to behold.

I have seen people dressing while driving, pulling shirts over their heads, taking one hand off the steering wheel to put it through a sleeve, etc.

I have also seen people dancing while driving, doing crossword puzzles while driving, and reading newspapers while driving.

We take our lives in our hands with those keys, you know?

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='26 September 2009 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1253979462' post='1972956']
I have seen people dressing while driving, pulling shirts over their heads, taking one hand off the steering wheel to put it through a sleeve, etc.

I have also seen people dancing while driving, doing crossword puzzles while driving, and reading newspapers while driving.

We take our lives in our hands with those keys, you know?
[/quote]
Fortunately the driver I saw was at least at a red light, so she wasn't putting on makeup as she was actually driving.

The best thing is when you catch someone singing in their car. If only they could see themselves.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='26 September 2009 - 08:35 AM' timestamp='1253968507' post='1972925']
I have no idea. I would never do that. I did see a man looking at a Playboy while driving though.
[/quote]
for the articles?

[quote name='Era Might' date='26 September 2009 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1253980139' post='1972963']
Fortunately the driver I saw was at least at a red light, so she wasn't putting on makeup as she was actually driving.

The best thing is when you catch someone singing in their car. If only they could see themselves.
[/quote]
Please don't drive near me then. I usually have my windows down, music up, and am singing.

I am pretty tone deaf. :mellow:

I am not old enough to drive yet but if I could drive I would not but make-up on....I don't put it on anyways.
Once I saw a person driving well having her dog on her lap, the dog was all over the place. This is sorta off topic but I also saw a guy swinging a ax yesterday while walking down the street.