An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pagans

pat22

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='21 September 2009 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1253591088' post='1970835']
I was being sincere in my response to you.
[/quote]

Then I took that the wrong way and jumped to conclusions.

I'm sorry.

[quote name='Christopher Brandon' date='21 September 2009 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1253507258' post='1970208']
For a Roman Catholic you seem eager to dismiss the mericle that had me denounce false gods and seek out the one true God.

go back to [i]your[/i] master, I want nothing of his forked tounge.
[/quote]
Catholics should be mostly sceptical of all "supernatural" occurrences outside of the sacraments, I think. If they are true, they will be proven in due time.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='21 September 2009 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1253507782' post='1970224']
I've had that a few times in the last year. Scares the hell out of me, let me tell you.
[/quote]
I had it a few times when I was little. I couldn't get up, I couldn't fall asleep. It was silent, and almost painful. Now, I sleep very soundly. Brain is (relatively) balanced now :mellow:

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' date='21 September 2009 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1253591170' post='1970836']
Then I took that the wrong way and jumped to conclusions.

I'm sorry.
[/quote]

I would like to point out something, though. It's always good for us to gently correct others when we feel that they're being harsh, and it's always good for us to gently calm someone down when their emotions get the best of them. If you reread that post of yours, you will see that you were trying to correct [what you saw as] a belittling attitude by belittling the individual. So in truth, you were behaving no better than you thought I was. Right? Just being honest.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='21 September 2009 - 08:36 AM' timestamp='1253540179' post='1970375']
LOL, I get called a Devil worshiper FOUR TIMES and yet I still seem to be the one racking up the negatives.
[/quote]

If he'd been calling me a Devil worshiper, I'd probably have said something that I'd be apologizing for in the morning.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='21 September 2009 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1253591570' post='1970843']
I would like to point out something, though. It's always good for us to gently correct others when we feel that they're being harsh, and it's always good for us to gently calm someone down when their emotions get the best of them. If you reread that post of yours, you will see that you were trying to correct [what you saw as] a belittling attitude by belittling the individual. So in truth, you were behaving no better than you thought I was. Right? Just being honest.
[/quote]
I believe you are correct about this.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='21 September 2009 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1253591248' post='1970837']
I had it a few times when I was little. I couldn't get up, I couldn't fall asleep. It was silent, and almost painful. Now, I sleep very soundly. Brain is (relatively) balanced now :mellow:
[/quote]
For some reason I'd never experienced it before until this year. No major changes in my life, but it happened two or three times in six months or so.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='21 September 2009 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1253591570' post='1970843']
[/quote]

Yes, that is perfectly honest and you are absolutely right. So I should apologize on two accounts. To begin with for misinterpreting what you were saying. In a sense this was just an error on my part, but it was only an error I made because I was willing to assume the worst about your motives and actions. And secondly, even if I had been correct my response was no better than the motives and attitude I had attributed to you.

So on both counts I made an ass of myself and I extend to you my genuine apologies. If you are returning to Phatmass I would like us, to the extent possible, to get off on a better foot and my jumping to conclusions and being a jerk will not help with that.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='22 September 2009 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1253592646' post='1970868']
It's chill. [/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[QUOTE]I'm not really back, I don't think.
[/quote]

Why not?

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='21 September 2009 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1253592900' post='1970872']
Too busy.
[/quote]
You were doing criminal psychology, right? Still in school?

The more precise definition of paganism is the belief that your actions will manipulate the god(s) or forces of nature to do your bidding. Canaanite, Roman, Greek, wiccan etc all had/have practices that they believed would result in a blessing or curse that they desired. Christianity, Judaism, Islam all attempt to serve God, not manipulate God.

That's the actual difference.

[quote name='Aloysius' date='21 September 2009 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1253508816' post='1970251']
silly point to clarify, but I feel the need to: you cannot be a Pagan and a monotheist, either. Monotheism means you believe there to be only one God, that there do not now exist nor have there ever existed any other Gods but that one. perhaps you mean you're a monotheist in that you worship only one God, but if you ally yourself with paganism, you admit the existence of other gods that other pagans worship. if you think that the other people's gods are not real, well, you're not exactly a pagan are you? what exactly would keep you a pagan if you could honestly say "the gods that other pagans worship are not real, only my god is real"?
[/quote]

The early Israelites were polytheistic until the Exodus.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='hot stuff' date='22 September 2009 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1253631884' post='1970991']
[/quote]

Better stated a number of the early Israelites worshiped false gods forsaking the True God. I still do not agree with Modernist thought that polytheism is found and taught in the Old Testament.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='22 September 2009 - 10:04 AM' timestamp='1253631884' post='1970991']
[/quote]

Jacob and his sons were monotheists.

Edited by Resurrexi