An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pagans

pat22

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='21 September 2009 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1253538172' post='1970372']
I think I went pretty easy on someone who called me a servant of Satan at least three times (and in a variety of ways).
[/quote]

Sometimes it's best to let a person have the last word, especially when they can't listen to reason.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='21 September 2009 - 10:36 AM' timestamp='1253540179' post='1970375']
LOL, I get called a Devil worshiper FOUR TIMES and yet I still seem to be the one racking up the negatives.
[/quote]

It's only what I would've done, but the "forked tongue" post I would have ignored and never bothered dignifying with a response. What can you really say to a person who thinks you're a devil worshipper?

Geez, Erin, lay off.

I was driven to the point of frustration with your statements to him. Then when he finally bursts out you make some snide comment on his caffeine intake. Furthermore, I don't remember you getting your degree in medicine. Correct me if I am wrong but when can you tell someone that they are experiencing sleep paralysis if you aren't having a personal one on one couch session with him?

Thank God he experienced whatever it is he experienced that brought him one step closer to God. We cannot say the same about others.

[quote name='Christopher Brandon' date='21 September 2009 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1253507258' post='1970208']
For a Roman Catholic you seem eager to dismiss the mericle that had me denounce false gods and seek out the one true God.

go back to [i]your[/i] master, I want nothing of his forked tounge.
[/quote]

forked tongue would equal devil. Really...was there any reason to do this?

HisChildForever

[quote name='picchick' date='21 September 2009 - 09:46 AM' timestamp='1253540818' post='1970379']
Correct me if I am wrong but when can you tell someone that they are experiencing sleep paralysis if you aren't having a personal one on one couch session with him?
[/quote]

It is way more likely than being attacked by a purple misty vampire. :nerd:

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='21 September 2009 - 08:36 AM' timestamp='1253540179' post='1970375']
LOL, I get called a Devil worshiper FOUR TIMES and yet I still seem to be the one racking up the negatives.
[/quote]
I'm not saying that he was innocent, but still, you could have done better too.

C.B.: What I don't understand is why do you call yourself a pagan? You believe in the one true God. Pagans believe in false gods whether one or many. The god(s) may be real to them but the fact is those gods are not the one true God.

And to others: sure, maybe C.B. doesn't believe in Jesus. Neither do the Jews. Maybe he doesn't understand the Christianity the way we do. His convictions are true though so why not build on it whether than question how he came to the understanding that he did?

[quote name='picchick' date='21 September 2009 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1253566459' post='1970590']
C.B.: What I don't understand is why do you call yourself a pagan? You believe in the one true God. Pagans believe in false gods whether one or many. The god(s) may be real to them but the fact is those gods are not the one true God.

And to others: sure, maybe C.B. doesn't believe in Jesus. Neither do the Jews. Maybe he doesn't understand the Christianity the way we do. His convictions are true though so why not build on it whether than question how he came to the understanding that he did?
[/quote]
To add to that, he also has clearly stated that he is open to what we believe and is actively exploring his new faith in Christ- a work in progress, so to speak. To ignore that would be truly reprehensible.

[quote name='Selah' date='20 September 2009 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1253504358' post='1970166']
Huh?
[/quote]

A priest who does not believe in God can offer the sacrifice of the Mass as long as he pronounces the words of consecration over bread and wine with the intention of doing what the Church does.

The Early Christians who were coerced into offering incense to the emperor had to do severe penance for the sin of idolatry, even if they did not believe that the emperor was divine.

So too, an atheist who participated in the sacrificing of a bull to Poseidon would be worshiping that god, even if that atheist did not that Poseidon was real.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='21 September 2009 - 09:36 AM' timestamp='1253540179' post='1970375']
[/quote]

Probably because he's not a Catholic who has a duty to bring others to Christ.

Nobody says he behaved well, but do you not see how you could have come off as unnecessarily rude and dismissive?

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' date='21 September 2009 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1253574825' post='1970677']
Probably because he's not a Catholic who has a duty to bring others to Christ.

Nobody says he behaved well, but do you not see how you could have come off as unnecessarily rude and dismissive?
[/quote]

It's over now, Hassan. Thank you.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='21 September 2009 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1253575958' post='1970690']
It's over now, Hassan. Thank you.
[/quote]

You know that bossy kid on the playground you saw in grade school acting like they possessed some bestowed authority over the other kids and constantly barking orders that no body paid attention to?

There is a reason that kid often ended up ostracized, friendless, and convinced that all the other kids were out to get them.

We're both grown ups, in fact you're older than I, why don't we leave the playground croutons and "attitude" behind?

HisChildForever

[quote name='Hassan' date='21 September 2009 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1253590852' post='1970830']
You know that bossy kid on the playground you saw in grade school acting like they possessed some bestowed authority over the other kids and constantly barking orders that no body paid attention to?

There is a reason that kid often ended up ostracized, friendless, and convinced that all the other kids were out to get them.

We're both grown ups, in fact you're older than I, why don't we leave the playground croutons and "attitude" behind?
[/quote]

I was being sincere in my response to you.