An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Soul: Does It Exist?

Secuutus

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='03 October 2009 - 09:32 PM' timestamp='1254619970' post='1977004']
Wow! physics beyond the realm of the physical universe. I'd love to have a copy of the book. Can I get one at Amazon Com? In all seriousness where do you get such a notion from?
[/quote]

Roman rite theology and philosophy.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Sternhauser' date='04 October 2009 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1254621985' post='1977031']
Ididn't see where he said anything about physics beyond the realm of thephysical universe, but you sure can get something similar from Amazon. [url="http://www.amazon.com/Metaphysics-Aristotle-Great-Books-Philosophy/dp/0879756713"]Amazon.com "The Metaphysics," Aristotle. [/url] Metaphysics meaning "beyond physics."

~Sternhauser
[/quote]
He spoke about a soul which is a material soul and a soul which is spiritual. Doesn't a material soul belong to physics? And isn't a discussion involving both the physical and spiritual going beyond normal physics?

[quote name='mortify' date='04 October 2009 - 03:24 PM' timestamp='1254630291' post='1977136']
Roman rite theology and philosophy.
[/quote]

I don't wish to appear ignorant, but I was not aware of this concept. Can you direct me to some online material on the subject?