An Old School Catholic Message Board

Some Help Please...

CorMaria

[quote]The sick need doctors.[/quote]

Yes, but if the sick don't want help, what are we to do? If these people want to believe we worship Mary and won't listen to us when we say they are wrong, what can we do about it? It's moot.

[quote]but since when was faith about evidence?[/quote]

I believe he means historically speaking...as in, the history of Christianity, not the history of Christianity according to Jack Chick.

Christopher Brandon

[quote name='Selah' date='18 September 2009 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1253306067' post='1968786']
Yes, but if the sick don't want help, what are we to do? If these people want to believe we worship Mary and won't listen to us when we say they are wrong, what can we do about it? It's moot.

I believe he means historically speaking...as in, the history of Christianity, not the history of Christianity according to Jack Chick.
[/quote]

well yes I agree argueing with them will only make them ardent in what they think. but Prayer never has to be a lost cause.

and I understand what your saying. I can accept that.

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

Im seeing with my very own eyes right here and now the good trees and the bad trees. Christopher is bearing good charitable fruit by having a resonable argumentetive state about him. Storm appears to be ranting and raving and selah is not biting back...hmmm... :bigthink:

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

and its good you dont bite back. The scriptures say something to this degree -that with our mouth we can blow on a spark to cause a fire or spit on it to put it out-. Lets not use our mouth to cause harm on our neighbor but to instruct charitably.

[quote name='Stormstopper' date='18 September 2009 - 04:08 PM' timestamp='1253304509' post='1968755']
the clarity of God's word demands that a THOROUGHLY FURNISHED or "THOROUGHLY EQUIPPED" man (in another translation) has EVERYTHING HE NEEDS.
[/quote]

A fully equipped hockey player includes a helmet, but that does not mean that all he needs is a helmet. If it does, I'll rent some studio ice and you can come in only a helmet - and ONLY a helmet, nothing else, not even a cup - and I'll practice slap shots. Up for the challenge?

Edited by Norseman82

Christopher Brandon

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='18 September 2009 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1253308341' post='1968807']
Im seeing with my very own eyes right here and now the good trees and the bad trees. Christopher is bearing good charitable fruit by having a resonable argumentetive state about him.
[/quote]

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='19 September 2009 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1253333005' post='1969011']
SH&BoJ is quite right. Christopher's posts are reasonable, charitable, and not at all unpleasant to read and respond to. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I'm flattered both of you, especialy being as young as I am.
but I don't need praise for behavior I expect out of every one of us. If it's come to the point where good ediquette is so hard to find that it needs recognition then I am disheartened. I won't praise a train for staying on it's tracks, my champagne is reserved for when it reaches it's final station.