An Old School Catholic Message Board

Miracles

CorMaria

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' date='11 September 2009 - 02:44 AM' timestamp='1252651472' post='1964827']
I don't believe that knowledge makes one religion greater than another. To love your God and your neighbour cannot be out done, therefore any religion that follows this core belief is as good as any other. They have all been corrupted by man and his 'Knowledge' in some way or another.
[/quote]

How do you know then ultimately what is corrupted teaching and what is not?

[quote name='Cruce' date='11 September 2009 - 03:52 AM' timestamp='1252655575' post='1964836']
If miracles were exclusive to the Catholic faith, then yes. But they're not. For example some Muslims experience something similar to stigmata. They develop the wounds of Ali and other Shia martyrs.
[/quote]

Demons can do do miracles too. By that reason, miracles need to be approached with hesitation.

[quote name='Servus_Mariae' date='13 September 2009 - 06:56 PM' timestamp='1252882594' post='1965924']
What is radically different is your first error in your post. Written records are one thing, lives lived and lost are the more genuine proofs. The disciples were weak men who fled at the arrest of Jesus. Yet, somehow these same men unprepared to be arrested that night were ready to die cruel and violent deaths not ten to 15 years later.

The difference is this: [u]No one dies for a lie.[/u].
[/quote]

Well....no one dies for what they think is a lie. Whether it's a lie or not is immaterial. What matters is what the person thinks. So while martyerdom can be viewed as strong reason to think the person strongly believed in something, it's not the absolute end-all proof.

[quote name='Servus_Mariae' date='13 September 2009 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1252887108' post='1965996']
...and I am a guy. Servus is masculine :cool:
[/quote]
I made the same mistake until I looked at your profile. :detective:

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' date='13 September 2009 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1252887804' post='1965999']
How do you know then ultimately what is corrupted teaching and what is not?

Demons can do do miracles too. By that reason, miracles need to be approached with hesitation.

Well....no one dies for what they think is a lie. Whether it's a lie or not is immaterial. What matters is what the person thinks. So while martyerdom can be viewed as strong reason to think the person strongly believed in something, it's not the absolute end-all proof.
[/quote]

I suppose that's true. :detective:

Nonetheless, I still find it rather curious that these men somehow converted to such a magnificent degree. Could anything less than miraculous occur that would spur on admittedly weak men to develop unshakable faith?

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

Read "The Worlds Greatest Secret" by John Haffert and find out how the Resurection can be proved historically. Its a book about archeology and the catholic faith. And will not take long to read at all. :lol: