An Old School Catholic Message Board

Another Random Thought...

Varg

What if Jesus never "came to earth" (I think that's the expression) back in the time of the Romans? There would be no Christianity and other religions that feature Jesus would be different or not exist. What if he came here now, in 2009? How do you think people would rect to him?

Again, just wondering

Darn good question!

I think he'd likely be denounced as a dangerous radical by nearly everybody, harassed constantly by citizens and government. That's just a really brief thought with little reflection.

[quote name='Varg' date='09 September 2009 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1252518504' post='1963880']
What if Jesus never "came to earth" (I think that's the expression) back in the time of the Romans? There would be no Christianity and other religions that feature Jesus would be different or not exist.

Again, just wondering
[/quote]

Not only would Christianity not exist, but the world as we knot it today would would be entirely different.

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='09 September 2009 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1252538194' post='1964051']
Not only would Christianity not exist, but the world as we knot it today would would be entirely different.
[/quote]
ZomG! Rexi haz a typo!!!

Hm, you're correct, society would be substantially different. Rather more Jewish, I guess.

[quote]ZomG! Rexi haz a typo!!![/quote]

:lol:

Well...Jesus would probably be seen as a radical or a religious zealot of some kind. By others a great spiritual leader. The world would be different for sure.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Varg' date='10 September 2009 - 04:48 AM' timestamp='1252518504' post='1963880']
What if Jesus never "came to earth" (I think that's the expression) back in the time of the Romans? There would be no Christianity and other religions that feature Jesus would be different or not exist. What if he came here now, in 2009? How do you think people would rect to him?

Again, just wondering
[/quote]
There are many people who claim to be Jesus or Messiah reincarnated, so he would be treated the same as them. Unless he performed some miracles to prove it. Hey wait a minute isn't that what he did? So people would probably react exactly as they did 2000 years ago. Human nature being unchanged.

[quote name='Varg' date='11 September 2009 - 08:57 AM' timestamp='1252681024' post='1964885']
Aye, but society has changed a lot
[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
i actually don't think society, fundamentally, has changed all that much.