An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dominicans Of The Holy Ghost

Freudentaumel

[quote name='Studiumecclesiae' timestamp='1318785206' post='2322115']
Does it mean the Dominicans of the Holy Spirit aren't fully-fledged nuns? Because I can tell you when you see them, they really are working hard and their implication bears fruit. Many of their former pupils become wonderful Catholic mothers or nuns themselves. Though they are a bit less fussy about tradition than the FSSP for instance. I love it, but some people don't. I like their position, so close to Rome, like their founder, Abbé Berto.
[/quote]

I think (I might be wrong, though, so she can for sure correct me), that she meant she wants to be a nun- a cloistered contemplative- instead of being a apostolic Sister.

Studiumecclesiae

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1318787524' post='2322120']

I think (I might be wrong, though, so she can for sure correct me), that she meant she wants to be a nun- a cloistered contemplative- instead of being a apostolic Sister.
[/quote]
Oh right, I see! Indeed those are definitely not cloistered-contemplative nuns.
But in a way, it's a very "preserved" background, as the nuns keep correcting the pupils (strong language, rudeness, misdemeanour), keep away from the "spirit of the world". You kind of feel like in a cloister too, the pupils live a bit like nuns themselves. And there's an invisible enclosure too (their cells, their refectory) where no one can get to. and they stick to the full divine office (partly sung [i]recto toto[/i])