An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do Aliens Go To Heaven?

Varg

[quote name='Winchester' date='04 September 2009 - 11:36 AM' timestamp='1252085783' post='1960855']
Lame.
[/quote]
Ditto.

[quote name='elizabeth09' date='04 September 2009 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1252094199' post='1960932']
Thank you, please come again.
[/quote]
Ditto.

[quote name='Varg' date='04 September 2009 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1252089961' post='1960900']
Very good questions, but the first is defeated by the fact that I never said I was sure that aliens exist and that Heaven doesn't.

Second, I think it takes more willingness to believe something unseen than seen.

Third, what's to say that alien's are superior to us? I mean, we could be like animals to them and they could be the ones with the immortal souls.
[/quote]

Well since we have no records of the existance of Aliens we cannot be for sure on their account if they even exist that is. despite the lack of evidence. I would have to say, inless we heard a story or had a chance to find out from a Alien themselves, we have no evidence lol to do that, we only have assumptions.

Its only left to speculations unfortunately, However we do have acounts that Human Beings aren't just animals, with a physical matter, but also a immortal factor to us, through testimonies of history of culture and historical belief within those cultures, Human beings have always known that theres something more to them than meets the physical eye, something deeper, this gives us a clue through our reasoning why we aren't just animals, we more far more complex than animals ever could be in Our reasoning, and in our idenity itself. Animals dont have these abilities to examinate through complicated reason, only through basic reason.

Animals like, Dogs, Cats, Birds, Horses, Fish etc etc have limited reasoning, they can reason to a extent but they are no where near our level with this ability to do so on the same scale.

So judging by this scale I'd have to rate....

1) Human Beings (More than meets the eye, in a Phyical Mattered Existance, with a Immortality of the Spirit and Soul)
2) Animals (Physically made with no immortality, It has a soul, but not like ours, has reason yet is very limited.)
3) Aliens (Since no solid evidence exists for their existance in general, much less rather if they are superior or inferior to Human beings or animals, one can only speculate, and answer honestly to themselves is "We do not know.")

Dont get me wrong I think its a interesting thing to present to ourselves to ask questions outside of the basic zone.

Peace.

Interesting points :) but how do you know that our reasoning isn't basic compared to aliens' reasoning? (if they exist :P)

(BTW White Knight, apparently you left a comment on my profile but for some reason I can't see my own profile)

Edited by Varg

[quote name='Varg' date='05 September 2009 - 09:31 AM' timestamp='1252153881' post='1961267']
Interesting points :) but how do you know that our reasoning isn't basic compared to aliens' reasoning? (if they exist :P)

(BTW White Knight, apparently you left a comment on my profile but for some reason I can't see my own profile)
[/quote]

If you sign out and then click on yourself you will be able to see it.

[quote name='Varg' date='05 September 2009 - 08:31 AM' timestamp='1252153881' post='1961267']

[/quote]

Well like I said before lol, its only speculation, we dont have any cases to prove that Aliens reasoning is higher, because we dont know any aliens to begin with lol, much less if they exist, If I met one I'd ask myself What they believe on this matter, but I'm honestly answering "the I Dont Know" standard answer, lol.

As for the cases for Human beings I believe its pretty solid, especially to say that we as a human race have always believed in something bigger than ourselves, especially when it comes to things seen or unseen.

N = R*x fp x ne x fe x fi x fc x L

N is the number of civilizations in our galaxy in which communication might be possible
R* is the average rate of star formation per year in our galaxy
fp is the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne is the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
fℓ is the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point
fi is the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life
fc is the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L is the length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space

Those aliens.

Edited by Varg