An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do Aliens Go To Heaven?

Varg

Assuming that aliens exist (whcih, given the size of our universe is very likely) and also assuming that heaven exists, do aliens go to heaven?

Just curious...

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Varg' date='03 September 2009 - 04:21 PM' timestamp='1252009281' post='1960464']
Assuming that aliens exist (whcih, given the size of our universe is very likely) and also assuming that heaven exists, do aliens go to heaven?

Just curious...
[/quote]
See CS Lewis' "Space Trilogy," particularly the first two books, "Out of the Silent Planet" and "Perelandra."

[quote name='Varg' date='03 September 2009 - 04:21 PM' timestamp='1252009281' post='1960464']

Just curious...
[/quote]

Well lets see here.. One is seen and the other isn't. The size of the Universe which is seen to be growing at a intense speed constantly expanding, and considering this, most people would automatically assume there are Aliens out there, however when it comes to things unseen like Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, Angels, Demons, and ghosts, etc etc etc, or something like that people have a harder time believing in the unseen than they do the seen? such as Aliens (Seen) and Heaven (Unseen)
So one would have to ask, does it take more faith to believe in something that you can see or not see; well Common Sense says if the senses can't see, hear, touch, smell, or taste, then it requires something greater to explain, if the senses can explain it, it is of a reasonsible conclusion it requires a greater faith to believe it. Such as to believe in Aliens over Heaven?? or Heaven over Aliens?

2 questions

A)If your so sure Aliens exist, why aren't you so sure about Heaven? especially if the question is being proposed in the first place?

B) Does it take a greater willingness to believe in something totally unseen as opposed to seen?

If Aliens exist, there probally like animals, since there is a pretty good chance the they were not created with a immortal soul, like Humans, Animals have souls, but there not immortal, they perish, so the Aliens probally would too.

PS: I like the idea of it, I respectfully do not believe "if aliens exist" that they go to Heaven, I dont believe they would, just to get to the bottom line lol.

Peace.

Edited by White Knight

dauntingknight

[quote name='White Knight' date='03 September 2009 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1252017031' post='1960518']
Well lets see here.. One is seen and the other isn't. The size of the Universe which is seen to be growing at a intense speed constantly expanding, and considering this, most people would automatically assume there are Aliens out there, however when it comes to things unseen like Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, Angels, Demons, and ghosts, etc etc etc, or something like that people have a harder time believing in the unseen than they do the seen? such as Aliens (Seen) and Heaven (Unseen)
So one would have to ask, does it take more faith to believe in something that you can see or not see; well Common Sense says if the senses can't see, hear, touch, smell, or taste, then it requires something greater to explain, if the senses can explain it, it is of a reasonsible conclusion it requires a greater faith to believe it. Such as to believe in Aliens over Heaven?? or Heaven over Aliens?

2 questions

A)If your so sure Aliens exist, why aren't you so sure about Heaven? especially if the question is being proposed in the first place?

B) Does it take a greater willingness to believe in something totally unseen as opposed to seen?

If Aliens exist, there probally like animals, since there is a pretty good chance the they were not created with a immortal soul, like Humans, Animals have souls, but there not immortal, they perish, so the Aliens probally would too.

PS: I like the idea of it, I respectfully do not believe "if aliens exist" that they go to Heaven, I dont believe they would, just to get to the bottom line lol.

Peace.
[/quote]
I'm with White Knight on this one.

Just curious...
[/quote]
Never [i]ass[/i]ume!

Very good advice I got from my dad when it cost me $180.

First, let's prove that aliens exist.
Second, Do you firmly believe that heaven exist even when your in deniel of heaven existing.

I'm with White Knight on this one.

goldenchild17

assuming aliens exist, what presupposes that they are on a level with humans and have a soul equal to humans? Even if aliens existed, which we don't know at this point, there's no reason to assume that they aren't like the other animals and/or plants etc. and animals don't go to heaven, except dogs of course (and cats which go to hell)...

Edited by goldenchild17

It gets me to wondering if God the Son could appear on other planets. Would His form be restricted to only human? For if there were a certain race of aliens out there who had at least as good an intellect as we do and had immortal souls, they would most likely make the same choice we made and thus be in need of a savior. Could God then descend among them and take the form of one of them?

It also got me to thinking of a sci-fi idea of a story where we come into a contact with an alien race that had never disobeyed God, and how different they would be. They the righteous would try to exterminate the unjust earth's frail people, but turn when they find a source of good on the earth...

I need a leash for my wild imagination.

But anyway, until we come into contact with other life, I don't see aliens and stuff relevant to the fact that God gave us an opportunity to meet Him.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='03 September 2009 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1252014580' post='1960508']
Klingons go to Sto'Vo'Kor.
[/quote]
Provided their death is honourable. Otherwise it's a ride on the barge of the dead to Gre'thor.

[quote name='Gregorius' date='04 September 2009 - 04:03 AM' timestamp='1252033425' post='1960630']
It gets me to wondering if God the Son could appear on other planets. Would His form be restricted to only human? For if there were a certain race of aliens out there who had at least as good an intellect as we do and had immortal souls, they would most likely make the same choice we made and thus be in need of a savior. Could God then descend among them and take the form of one of them?

It also got me to thinking of a sci-fi idea of a story where we come into a contact with an alien race that had never disobeyed God, and how different they would be. They the righteous would try to exterminate the unjust earth's frail people, but turn when they find a source of good on the earth...

I need a leash for my wild imagination.

But anyway, until we come into contact with other life, I don't see aliens and stuff relevant to the fact that God gave us an opportunity to meet Him.
[/quote]
Believe it or not, I've had very similar thoughts. :)

Groo the Wanderer

I sure hope I do...

*flips through notebook*

Ah yes. Here it is. That is question# 29 on my list to ask God when I get there. Of course, I could just look around at that point, huh?

:blink:

I have say the same thing with dauntingknight and white knight.

Varg, I have some questions for you.

Do you believe that Aliens exist? If so, where are they? What do they look like? Do they have a spaceship?

[quote name='White Knight' date='03 September 2009 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1252017031' post='1960518']

Peace.
[/quote]
Very good questions, but the first is defeated by the fact that I never said I was sure that aliens exist and that Heaven doesn't.

Second, I think it takes more willingness to believe something unseen than seen.

Third, what's to say that alien's are superior to us? I mean, we could be like animals to them and they could be the ones with the immortal souls.