An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lord Of The Flies

princessgianna

Lord of the Flies  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

princessgianna

I just finished it. And I think it was amazing. Lord of the flies gave me alot to think about concerning society in general.
I am just curious to see how many people have read or at least understand the main idea.
And your opinion.

God Bless
:blowkiss:
PG~

I read [i]Lord of the Flies[/i] over the summer. I thought that the beginning was slow, but it got better. Over all, I think it was a really good book. :)

Edited by Resurrexi

princessgianna

I thought it was very profound. So much that I am going to reread it. Try again to grasp a drop of water from a large fountain.

rhetoricfemme

It's a great book. It really leaves you with the thought that they're going out of the frying pan and into the fire when they get rescued.

I had to read it and write a paper on it in high school. I thought it was interesting when my teacher brought up how Simon was a Christ-like character.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='dUSt' date='03 September 2009 - 04:30 PM' timestamp='1252009837' post='1960473']
One of my favorite books.

The movie was bad. Both of them.
[/quote]

There's a movie? :unsure:

[quote name='CatherineM' date='03 September 2009 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1252031992' post='1960615']
I liked the Simpson's version.
[/quote]

:tvhappy:

I had to read the book in my freshmen year of high school and didn't care for it. However, after seeing the Simpson's version and it referenced in other places, I realized how good it was and if I read it again, I would really like it. I'm hoping to read it again soon actually.

I have read it, but in hindsight I was too young. I think I was about 12. Needless to say, the finer points were lost on me. I sorta vaguely got that it was a social commentary....... but that's it.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='04 September 2009 - 07:12 AM' timestamp='1252044726' post='1960671']
I have read it, but in hindsight I was too young. I think I was about 12. Needless to say, the finer points were lost on me. I sorta vaguely got that it was a social commentary....... but that's it.
[/quote]
I've actually not read it - need to do so. I read [i]Animal Farm[/i] when I was 11, and I was definitely too young to grasp what Orwell was really saying. I think I need to re-read it.