An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexuality In The Priesthood.

OraProMe

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' date='31 August 2009 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1251740236' post='1958871']
I'm not "rejecting" anything, I'm simply asking a question. Please don't brand me a heretic. I want to know why a homosexual [i]tendency[/i] is worse than a tendency toward gluttony, drunkenness, greed, lust or [fill in the blank], and why it should disqualify someone from the priesthood while other "potentialities" do not.
[/quote]

i am not going to wiegh in on this subject, but i just got one thing to say. maybe being a homosexual man who has issue struggling with his problem could be put in an even bigger siutaion. i mean if he struggles with his attraction to men and is around men all day and night and is alone with men, maybe the church figures to put someone in that situation is wrong. priests are close together and sleep in the same rooms as each other. if your struggling with homosexuality, is that a good place to put a man. i mean a man who lusts after women, it would not be a good idea to have him sleep in the same room as women and be alone with women and be around women a lot, would it?

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' date='01 September 2009 - 03:37 AM' timestamp='1251740236' post='1958871']
I'm not "rejecting" anything, I'm simply asking a question. Please don't brand me a heretic. I want to know why a homosexual [i]tendency[/i] is worse than a tendency toward gluttony, drunkenness, greed, lust or [fill in the blank], and why it should disqualify someone from the priesthood while other "potentialities" do not.
[/quote]

This is an article by By Dr. Richard Fitzgibbons it may be of some assistance: :smokey:

[url="http://www.narth.com/docs/tendencies.html"]The Psychology Behind Homosexual Tendencies (Parts 1-2)[/url]

LouisvilleFan

I voted Other because chastity isn't the only factor to consider. A chaste homosexual who supports and promotes LGBT culture is also unfit for seminary. One who doesn't believe in the Church's teaching on sexuality also unfit for seminary. Chastity is a univeral calling... it's the minimum a seminary should expect.