An Old School Catholic Message Board

My View Of Calvinism

thessalonian

I posted this earlier, but now I know the name of the Calvinist speaker (Stormstopper):

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ckoCBtXvU[/media]

Apollo (I'm calling you that from now on, lol) there is one flaw in that video. "I hope you are chosen." A lot of Calvinists do not care if someone is chosen. Just gives them more reason to rejoice in their torture in heaven. That's their view of heaven. Watching people suffer in hell and gloating about it. That's why I left. The idea that a mother is rejoicing in God's "justice" of her son burning in hell because he wasn't chosen. I'm not talking out of my rear end, here. This is what a lot of reformers taught in their sermons, including Johnathan Edwards...my dad had a whole book of these sermons, though I can't find them now.

Edited by Selah

[quote name='Selah' date='01 October 2009 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1254440194' post='1975921']
A lot of Calvinists do not care if someone is chosen. [/quote]

Not in my experience.

[quote name='Paddington' date='01 October 2009 - 05:39 PM' timestamp='1254440363' post='1975924'][quote name='Selah' date='01 October 2009 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1254440194' post='1975921']
A lot of Calvinists do not care if someone is chosen.
[/quote]
Not in my experience.
[/quote]
I have run into both kinds of Calvinists.

When I was going to school to be a Pastor one of my best friends was Calvinist. He and his wife refused to have children because they did not want to risk that the Child would be one of the damned. Incredibly sad experience that will stick with me forever.

[quote]When I was going to school to be a Pastor one of my best friends was Calvinist. He and his wife refused to have children because they did not want to risk that the Child would be one of the damned. Incredibly sad experience that will stick with me forever. [/quote]

That's awful :ohno:

"Mankind will never find peace until they turn their hearts to My mercy" - Jesus, Divine Mercy. :sign: