An Old School Catholic Message Board

Censorship

OraProMe

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='17 September 2009 - 10:29 AM' timestamp='1253197785' post='1968036']
I'll guess that you live in the US so you are effectively being told what do do and what to believe. I'm guessing that you pay your taxes, right? Now you might agree that taxes are worthwhile and a good thing or you may not. But it doesn't matter. You pay your taxes! And if you don't, the IRS eventually hunts you down, charges you enormous fees and if you don't pay them, they charge you and send you to jail!

So yeah you are told what to believe by political organizations
[/quote]

Well, for one, I'm exempt from taxes right now. For two, the function of taxes is to keep the government running. A religious organization cannot put you in jail if you reject one of their teachings (but they can scare you by telling you you'll go to hell otherwise.)

I'm not "told what to believe" by political organizations. Yes, they have rules. Do I accept the rules? Yes. If I didn't, why would I be in this country?

If a church tells me what to believe, and I agree, I will stay. If I don't agree, I may leave.

Christopher Brandon

Do I think there should be cencorship in the Church at all? No, absolutely not. It would only spin more rumors that the church has something to hide from the world.

In this war between good and evil, knollege is power. It is the same forbidden fruit that got us in this mess, the more we know the more it seems we have to doubt.

So do I think everything should be laid out on the table to be available to us? Yes, but research at your own discretion, and be careful.

• 9 months later...

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='05 July 2010 - 02:23 PM' timestamp='1278361392' post='2138038']
Yes! And the Church ought to also spank those who write bad literature.
[/quote]
I agree. :D