An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lutherans Go With Gay Pastors

thessalonian

[quote name='Selah' date='22 August 2009 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1250965660' post='1954316']
Christian charity, please.
[/quote]

Doesn't exist when egos collide. :P This is Phatmass, not a meeting of an ecumenical council of Bishops (though at times it may seem like Arius is about to be punched in the face).

Much worse happened to Arius than that, as St. Athanasios (and the Byzantine liturgy) recount.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='22 August 2009 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1250981865' post='1954482']
Much worse happened to Arius than that, as St. Athanasios (and the Byzantine liturgy) recount.
[/quote]

Do tell.

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='22 August 2009 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1250982140' post='1954485']
Do tell.
[/quote]
The following is chanted during the Vigil Service of the Feast of the Holy Fathers of the Six Ecumenical Councils:

O Christ Savior, You have proclaimed Arius as one who has rent Your divine raiment, for having rejected You, he rejected the One Trinity in his teachings and endeavored to separate and divide the pre-eternal and equal in honor unity and Trinity, while also teaching Nestorius to refuse agreement with the title Theotokos; but the council that was held in Nicea, proclaimed You O Lord, to be the Son of God, enthroned together with the Father and the Spirit.

[i]Stichos[/i]: O praise the Lord, all ye nations; praise Him, all ye peoples.

Despising the comprehension of the true light, Arius was recompensed with a most extreme consequence for his sin, for his bowels were rent asunder as if by a divine cleaver, after which, like unto Judas, he gave up his body and soul in a manner similar to Judas; nevertheless the council that was held in Nicea, proclaimed You, O Lord, to be the Son of God, enthroned together with the Father and the Spirit.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote]Despising the comprehension of the true light, Arius was recompensed with a most extreme consequence for his sin, for his bowels were rent asunder as if by a divine cleaver, after which, like unto Judas, he gave up his body and soul in a manner similar to Judas; nevertheless the council that was held in Nicea, proclaimed You, O Lord, to be the Son of God, enthroned together with the Father and the Spirit[/quote]

And he's a saint! Praise God, he acted just as Jesus wanted him to! Oh wait a minute...

[quote name='Selah' date='22 August 2009 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1250983276' post='1954492']
And he's a saint! Praise God, he acted just as Jesus wanted him to! Oh wait a minute...
[/quote]
The prayer, which recounts the terrible end of Arius, an end that could have been avoided had he heeded the words -- the very tough words -- of St. Athanasios, is a warning to all who think that we must not offend by saying things that may not be politically correct.

I will stand with St. Athanasios, while you may stand with the semi-Arian Eusebius who wanted to use soft words in response to the errors of Arius.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote]The prayer, which recounts the terrible end of Arius, an end that could have been avoided had he heeded the words -- the very tough words -- of St. Athanasios, is a warning to all who think that we must not offend and say things that may not be politically correct[/quote]

Seems to me like Arius acted with more charity than those supposed "saints"

Sick Sick Sick. Jesus would be so proud :rolleyes:

[quote name='Selah' date='22 August 2009 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1250983628' post='1954498']
Seems to me like Arius acted with more charity than those supposed "saints"

Sick Sick Sick. Jesus would be so proud :rolleyes:
[/quote]
That would be true if charity could be divorced from truth, but it is heresy to say that.

[quote]That would be true if charity could be divorced from truth, but it is heresy to say that. [/quote]

If that is your idea of a saint, then I want nothing to do with him.

[quote name='Selah' date='22 August 2009 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1250983781' post='1954504']
If that is your idea of a saint, then I want nothing to do with him.
[/quote]
He is not simply "my idea of a saint"; instead, he is a saint because the Catholic Church holds him to be one.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='22 August 2009 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1250983893' post='1954507']
He is not simply "my idea of a saint"; instead, he is a saint because the Catholic Church holds him to be one.
[/quote]

+1

Vincent Vega

[quote name='The Bus Station' date='22 August 2009 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1250989771' post='1954594']
This thread gives me gas.
[/quote]
I thought this thread stunk.