An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lutherans Go With Gay Pastors

thessalonian

[quote name='Selah' date='22 August 2009 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1250978683' post='1954443']
Because we ALL know that compassion and kindness is for wussies. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Anyone who separates truth and love is lost, but love does not mean that one must couch the truth in words that are ineffectual. Moreover, truth requires that one speak clearly and concisely in order to avoid causing further damage by allowing heretics to assent to something vague.

[quote name='Selah' date='22 August 2009 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1250978683' post='1954443']
Who the heck are you worshipping? :huh:
[/quote]
I worship Christ the Pantokrator, from whom no sin can be hidden, including sins of omission. Who do you worship?

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote]I worship Christ the Pantokrator, from whom no sin can be hidden, including sins of omission? Who do you worship? [/quote]

I worship Jesus, the Kind Messiah who opened up His heart and arms to the sinners, the needy, and got really ticked off at the Pharisees who felt the need to constantly condemn others. I worship Jesus, who said, "Forgive." Who said, "Pray." Who allowed a prostitute to wash His feet. Who died and rose again. I worship the One who has always been and always will be. I worship the Divine Lover who is compassionate and never turns away anyone. Even Homosexuals. YES. I said it. He turns no one away. He LOVES. He FORGIVES. He CARES. And I follow that example and try to do the same in my life.

Rachel Scott seemed to understand that well, which is why I love her so. No, she wasn't a Catholic, but she was a better Christian than many Catholics I have come across.

I must say that I do admire the Russian Orthodox Church, because when the Episcopal Church approved of same sex blessings, the ROC broke off dialogue with the ECUSA until it recants its moral error and re-embraces a Christian moral position.

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='Selah' date='22 August 2009 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1250979106' post='1954447']
I worship Jesus, the Kind Messiah who opened up His heart and arms to the sinners, the needy, and got really ticked off at the Pharisees who felt the need to constantly condemn others. I worship Jesus, who said, "Forgive." Who said, "Pray." Who allowed a prostitute to wash His feet. Who died and rose again. I worship the One who has always been and always will be. I worship the Divine Lover who is compassionate and never turns away anyone. Even Homosexuals. YES. I said it. He turns no one away. He LOVES. He FORGIVES. He CARES. And I follow that example and try to do the same in my life.

Rachel Scott seemed to understand that well, which is why I love her so. No, she wasn't a Catholic, but she was a better Christian than many Catholics I have come across.
[/quote]
Christ's arms are open to repentant sinners, but if one continues to sin he is far from Him by his own choice. As He said to the woman caught in adultery "Go and sin no more."

Edited by Apotheoun

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='23 August 2009 - 06:46 AM' timestamp='1250973966' post='1954403']
Wow, I'm not sure I've ever seen a conversation decay so abruptly on Phatmass before. :blink:
[/quote]

[i]" But the common saying, expressed in various ways and attributed to various authors, must be recalled with approval: in essentials, unity; in doubtful matters, liberty; in all things, charity."[/i]

John XXIII's first encyclical, Ad Petri cathedram of 1959. paragraph 72:

[quote]
" But the common saying, expressed in various ways and attributed to various authors, must be recalled with approval: in essentials, unity; in doubtful matters, liberty; [b]in all things, charity.[/b]"[/quote]

Thank you, Father. Your posts give me hope :)

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Selah' date='22 August 2009 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1250979106' post='1954447']
[/quote]
Did you know her? :blink:
(not intended as persnickety)

Edited by USAirwaysIHS

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='22 August 2009 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1250981069' post='1954466']
Did you know her? :blink:
[/quote]

Who is she?

[quote name='Selah' date='22 August 2009 - 04:43 PM' timestamp='1250981028' post='1954464']
Thank you, Father. Your posts give me hope :)
[/quote]
Alas, you have misunderstood the quotation, for there is no liberty in error, but only in things doubtful, and the topic at hand is not in doubt.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Resurrexi' date='22 August 2009 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1250981093' post='1954467']
Who is she?
[/quote]
One of the victims of the Columbine Massacre.

[quote]Did you know her? [/quote]

I know her based upon what her father, her sisters, and her brothers have said about her. I know what she did, what she said, how she lived her life. Her example is what I follow, or try to, and it angers me that so few people understand that THIS is what Jesus was talking about! How she treated others...hello!!!!

It is not love, nor is it a form of treating others according to the golden rule, to let them stay comfortably in theological or moral error. One is obliged in faith to tell a member of the ELCA that the community to which he belongs has fallen into heresy.