An Old School Catholic Message Board

Being Religious

Resurrexi

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Selah' post='1949181' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:45 PM']What's the purpose then? :huh:[/quote]

I guess I am questioning why anyone who is Catholic wouldn't want all other men and women to be Catholic as well.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1949194' date='Aug 14 2009, 09:56 PM']I guess I am questioning why anyone who is Catholic wouldn't want all other men and women to be Catholic as well[/quote]

More presents for them on Christmass? :idontknow:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1949198' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:59 PM']More presents for them on Christmass? :idontknow:[/quote]

:huh:

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1949201' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:00 PM']:huh:[/quote]

If there are fewer Catholics (or Christians in general) then people have to buy fewer people presents, which will allow them to give more presents to the fewer people who are Christians. :yes:

thessalonian

Yes all should be Catholic. It is the fullness of the truth and the surest way to heaven. Why would we not want and strive and pray for everyone to be Catholic.

[quote name='Selah' post='1949210' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:05 PM']I would ask you why you think Catholicism is the only way :unsure:[/quote]

St. Edith Stein saw her mother in heaven.

If you believe that sort of thing :unsure:

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1949178' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:43 PM']I honestly don't see how a Catholic could say that he doesn't want everyone to be Catholic. Is it not our job as Catholics to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ to all people?[/quote]
Perhaps it's just the way I'm reading the poll, but the way I see it, there's a difference between wanting everyone to be Catholic for the sake of their salvation, and saying that everyone should be Catholic, as though there'd be some temporal repercussion if they were not.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1949216' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:11 PM']St. Edith Stein saw her mother in heaven.

If you believe that sort of thing :unsure:[/quote]

Sure I believe it.

But that doesn't mean Catholicism is necesarrily the only way

:idontknow: (totally spelled that wrong)

[quote name='Selah' post='1949218' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:12 PM']Sure I believe it.

But that doesn't mean Catholicism is necesarrily the only way

:idontknow: (totally spelled that wrong)[/quote]

Right.

Her mother was Jewish, but she saw her in heaven.

Which supports your point I thought :huh:

Edith Stein also studied under Husserl :love:

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1949217' date='Aug 14 2009, 09:11 PM']Perhaps it's just the way I'm reading the poll, but the way I see it, there's a difference between wanting everyone to be Catholic for the sake of their salvation, and saying that everyone should be Catholic, as though there'd be some temporal repercussion if they were not.[/quote]

To me "I desire everyone to be Catholic" and "I think everyone should be Catholic" mean about the same thing. Perhaps I should have used the former for this poll.

I appreciate the different religions that cultures have to reach God. I see no problem with them, and quite honestly, the world would be rather boring if there was simply one religion. People are different. Naturally, their paths to God will be different.

[quote name='Selah' post='1949210' date='Aug 14 2009, 09:05 PM']I would ask you why you think Catholicism is the only way :unsure:[/quote]

I'm not sure what you are asking.

I do think that those can attain to salvation who through no fault of their own do not know the Gospel of Christ or His Church, yet sincerely seek God and moved by grace strive by their deeds to do His will as it is known to them through the dictates of conscience.

Have you read [url="http://www.ewtn.com/library/CURIA/RATZCONS.HTM"][i]Conscience and Truth[/i][/url] by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger?

[quote]I'm not sure what you are asking.[/quote]

I'm asking why Catholicism is the only way :D

[quote]I do think that those can attain to salvation who through no fault of their own do not know the Gospel of Christ or His Church, yet sincerely seek God and moved by grace strive by their deeds to do His will as it is known to them through the dictates of conscience[/quote]

I agree. :idontknow: