An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lol Ann Coulter Gets Caught In A Lie

Hassan

:lol:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHx0oLrGjKY&feature=channel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHx0oLrGjKY...feature=channel[/url]

goldenchild17

ouch. I generally enjoy (not always agree) but like what she has to say and didn't do too bad trying to get out of that one. But yeah, pwned

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1932337' date='Jul 26 2009, 05:56 AM']I take it that you don't like Ann Coulter.

:mellow:[/quote]

I'm not a fan <_<

Of course I don't really care for Franken either.

I read his book "Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Liar...."

The title was so funny I thought the book would be a giant bit of wonderful political satire.

I thought wrong :sadwalk:

Hassan, you needed to point this out why, do you have a vendetta against Ann Coulter or something? Seriously, I'm just wondering. First you would have enjoyed seeing her punched in the face, and now this? I'm not defending Ann's actions or anything, but it just gets old. No offense, but give it a rest, please.

Edited by reelguy227

[quote name='reelguy227' post='1932422' date='Jul 26 2009, 12:20 PM']Hassan, you needed to point this out why, do you have a vendetta against Ann Coulter or something? Seriously, I'm just wondering. First you would have enjoyed seeing her punched in the face, and now this? I'm not defending Ann's actions or anything, but it just gets old. No offense, but give it a rest, please.[/quote]
I guess I have a thing about lying racists.

I said I would not have enjoyed seeing her punched in the face. But upon hearing of it I did find it funny and felt she just deserved what she got.

So yes. If you are demagogic racist who makes your living witting vile, lie filled propaganda to stir the prejudices of gullible people and you get punched in the face I'll have to say you got what was coming to you.

Now as to a vendetta. No. I'm not sure I ever discussed her before that thread. In this case I happened to run across the video while looking up. I found it funny so I posted it.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1932408' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:32 AM']hahahah, oh SNAP![/quote]

I really enjoyed her trying to then explain it with the racist tangent. :lol:

[quote name='Hassan' post='1932342' date='Jul 26 2009, 06:09 AM']I'm not a fan <_<

Of course I don't really care for Franken either.

I read his book "Rush Limbaugh Is a Big Fat Liar...."

The title was so funny I thought the book would be a giant bit of wonderful political satire.

I thought wrong :sadwalk:[/quote]

I believe the book to which you're referring is "Rush Limbaugh is a Big, Fat Idiot". His only other flop with the word "liar" in the title is "Lies: and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them". Someone should let him know before he writes his next one to not let a five-year-old come up with the title. :rolleyes:

I find it ironic and somewhat hilarious that a guy who couldn't even keep his own radio show afloat (because people don't want to listen to a liberal blowhard for ten minutes, much less for more than two hours) while Rush has been on the radio for 20 years and has had more listeners than any other talk radio show host. :lol_roll:

Edited by iheartjp2

[quote name='iheartjp2' post='1932541' date='Jul 26 2009, 03:03 PM']I believe the book to which you're referring is "Rush Limbaugh is a Big, Fat Idiot". His only other flop with the word "liar" in the title is "Lies: and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them". Someone should let him know before he writes his next one to not let a five-year-old come up with the title. :rolleyes:[/quote]

The titles were clever. They were a satire of the moronic and hyperbolic titles one often sees on, for example, Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity books.

[quote]I find it ironic and somewhat hilarious that a guy who couldn't even keep his own radio show afloat (because people don't want to listen to a liberal blowhard for ten minutes, much less for more than two hours) while Rush has been on the radio for 20 years and has had more listeners than any other talk radio show host. :lol_roll:[/quote]

That a guy who couldn't .....what? You don't finish any thought there.

You are a big Ann fan yes? What do you think of the fact that she apparently thinks so little of her fans that she will blatantly lie to them? I mean it seems like such a masochistic relationship.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1932548' date='Jul 26 2009, 03:12 PM']The titles were clever. They were a satire of the moronic and hyperbolic titles one often sees on, for example, Ann Coulter or Sean Hannity books.

That a guy who couldn't .....what? You don't finish any thought there.

You are a big Ann fan yes? What do you think of the fact that she apparently thinks so little of her fans that she will blatantly lie to them? I mean it seems like such a masochistic relationship.[/quote]

Oops. :sweat:

Lemme restate that with the [i]rest[/i] of my thought.

I find it ironic and somewhat hilarious that a guy who couldn't even keep his own radio show afloat (because people don't want to listen to a liberal blowhard for ten minutes, much less for more than two hours) [u]calls Rush an idiot[/u] while [u]he's[/u] has been on the radio for 20 years and has had more listeners than any other talk radio show host.

That better?

And as for Al's titles, you actually find them [i]clever[/i]?? Seriously, are you being honest when you say this?

The first is a blatent [i]ad hominem[/i] directed at one man in particular. At least in Ann's first NYT best-seller "High Crimes and Misdemeanors", what came after was "[:] The Case Against Bill Clinton", not "Bill Clinton is a Fat, Unattractive Sleezeball".

The second, I'm being ingenuous when I say this, a five-year-old could have come up with.

Edited by iheartjp2

[quote name='iheartjp2' post='1932552' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:19 PM']Oops. :sweat:

Lemme restate that with the [i]rest[/i] of my thought.

I find it ironic and somewhat hilarious that a guy who couldn't even keep his own radio show afloat (because people don't want to listen to a liberal blowhard for ten minutes, much less for more than two hours) [u]calls Rush an idiot[/u] while [u]he's[/u] has been on the radio for 20 years and has had more listeners than any other talk radio show host.

That better?[/quote]

Yeah. Franken. Not particularly funny, not particularly profound, not a very gifted orator. No argument there.

How about Ann though? I mean I'm being a bit facetious but I really am curious. You're a big Ann Coulter fan. You promote her and her website here. Does it bother you that she lies to her fans? I mean is it really inconsequential to you that she blatantly tried to manipulate and deceive her audience?

Deus te Amat

I think she's right.

I mean, Franken didn't read the whole article... he just briefly quoted one instance where the words taken from her book were used. He didn't cite the entire context.

Christians do the same thing with the Bible. They misinterpret entire sections because they only cite a certain part, not in context.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1932556' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:24 PM']I think she's right.

I mean, Franken didn't read the whole article... he just briefly quoted one instance where the words taken from her book were used. He didn't cite the entire context.

Christians do the same thing with the Bible. They misinterpret entire sections because they only cite a certain part, not in context.[/quote]

Exactly what context could make her use of that use of quote anything other than manipulative?

He did read about a paragraph around it. She clearly used it totally out of context. He was jokingly pointing out that naked flights would both allow security personnel to spot anyone with a box cutter and deter all religious fundamentalists of all stripes, including Muslim fundamentalists. She twisted that completely out of context and claimed he was blaming Muslim terrorism on religious fundamentalists of all sorts.

I'm sorry. We are both college students. If either of us pulled that in a research paper we'd at the very least be severely punished if not expelled.

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Hassan' post='1932558' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:30 PM']Exactly what context could make her use of that use of quote anything other than manipulative?

He did read about a paragraph around it. She clearly used it totally out of context. He was jokingly pointing out that naked flights would both allow security personnel to spot anyone with a box cutter and deter all religious fundamentalists of all stripes, including Muslim fundamentalists. She twisted that completely out of context and claimed he was blaming Muslim terrorism on religious fundamentalists of all sorts.

I'm sorry. We are both college students. If either of us pulled that in a research paper we'd at the very least be severely punished if not expelled.[/quote]

I can see it from both points of view. :unsure: