An Old School Catholic Message Board

In A World Without Abortion

Guest Servant of Divine

And you need to read about natural law. It's far too large a subject to explain to you in this forum. There are people who can summarize it, but I'm not good at that one and if I were, with your position, there would be little point--any summary will skip many arguments and it will descend into a defense of natural law.

[quote name='Varg' post='1936590' date='Jul 31 2009, 10:53 AM']Ok then, if you can just change your sexuality at will then you all go out and be gay. Go on, if it's so easy.[/quote]

I don't want to and you can't make me.

^You couldn't anyway, it's impossible

[quote name='Winchester' post='1936670' date='Jul 31 2009, 12:12 PM']And you need to read about natural law. It's far too large a subject to explain to you in this forum. There are people who can summarize it, but I'm not good at that one and if I were, with your position, there would be little point--any summary will skip many arguments and it will descend into a defense of natural law.[/quote]we're not debating about wheather it's natural, we're debating whether it's a choice

[quote name='Varg' post='1936708' date='Jul 31 2009, 02:14 PM']^You couldn't anyway, it's impossible

we're not debating about wheather it's natural, we're debating whether it's a choice[/quote]
You claimed it was natural. Your words. Go look them up. Once you've refined your argument, I can demolish it.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Varg' post='1936708' date='Jul 31 2009, 01:14 PM']^You couldn't anyway, it's impossible

we're not debating about wheather it's natural, we're debating whether it's a choice[/quote]

Since when is Na ah!, Is so, or yeah sure like retorts a debate?¿

[quote name='Winchester' post='1936774' date='Jul 31 2009, 02:47 PM']You claimed it was natural. Your words. Go look them up. Once you've refined your argument, I can demolish it.[/quote][quote name='Varg' post='1936468' date='Jul 31 2009, 08:07 AM']You can't stop something that occurs naturally (homosexuality)[/quote][i]My words[/i], brah, exactly as I said them. And if you try to argue with the fact that it's naturally occuring then you're wrong. Simple as.

Edited by Varg

[quote name='Varg' post='1936796' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:23 PM'][i]My words[/i], brah, exactly as I said them. And if you try to argue with the fact that it's naturally occuring then you're wrong. Simple as.[/quote]
Also
[quote]Well, people are born gay, they don't choose it. I'd say that was pretty natural, wouldn't you? If not, then please state your definiton of "natural"[/quote]
Which is what people asked for proof of, since the jury's still out on it. This argument stemmed from your misunderstanding of the use of the word 'natural'. Your poor knowledge base is leading you to make a fool of yourself. It's not clear whether you speak of homosexual acts, or simply attraction. Were there any cogent direction to your statements, we could probably divine it, but as you've shown to this point no familiarity with the niceties of even the most informal of debates, none of us could guess your worldview is anything but blind hedonism.

My advice to slow yourself down should be heeded.

[quote name='Varg' post='1936827' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:49 PM']Well, sorry for believing in equality.[/quote]You'll find much opposition to egalitarianism on this site. Even from the egalitarians.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1936856' date='Jul 31 2009, 05:07 PM']You'll find much opposition to egalitarianism on this site. Even from the egalitarians.[/quote]So you're admitting to being a bigot?

[quote name='Varg' post='1936869' date='Jul 31 2009, 05:13 PM']So you're admitting to being a bigot?[/quote]
I'm not an egalitarian. There are a great many bigoted egalitarians.

I hope you realise that that made no sence whatsoever

Bigot=A person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.
Egalitarian=Asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people

[quote name='Varg' post='1936896' date='Jul 31 2009, 05:28 PM']I hope you realise that that made no sence whatsoever

Bigot=A person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.
Egalitarian=Asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people[/quote]
Those aren't contradictory, in spite of being poor definitions. One may hold to egalitarianism in a bigoted manner. One may be bigoted about one belief, but not another. One may tend towards bigotry in all beliefs. It's quite complex. But one needn't believe in the tawdry version of equality espoused by egalitarians to avoid bigotry. In fact, I believe egalitarianism demeans man on an individual level. I am certain you and I are not equals. To imply we are demeans our particular roles in life. We are equally human, with equal basic human dignity. Egalitarianism does not stop there, however, and ends in denying the real differences between men.

[quote name='Varg' post='1936896' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:28 PM']Bigot=A person who is utterly intolerant of any differing [b]creed[/b], belief, or opinion.[/quote]

I guess I'm a bigot then.

Edited by Resurrexi

We are quite used to being called bigots for standing up for the truth that people don't want to hear.