An Old School Catholic Message Board

In A World Without Abortion

Guest Servant of Divine

[quote name='Varg' post='1936569' date='Jul 31 2009, 09:32 AM']What a wonderfully thought out and well written addition to our debate :-P[/quote]
maybe he was trying to be charitable?

[quote name='Varg' post='1936590' date='Jul 31 2009, 11:53 AM']Ok then, if you can just change your sexuality at will then you all go out and be gay. Go on, if it's so easy.[/quote]
Still not an argument.

I think we are born on a bell curve of sexuality. I think our culture has tilted the curve in a way that is no longer healthy.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1936600' date='Jul 31 2009, 12:01 PM']I think we are born on a bell curve of sexuality. I think our culture has tilted the curve in a way that is no longer healthy.[/quote]
By taking a moderate view, C. has removed all but the most bigoted of opposition. Her argument employs common knowledge of humanity, which is that we rarely hold to only one position, that we are complex and contradictory beings.

Let this be a lesson to you all.

[quote name='Varg' post='1936605' date='Jul 31 2009, 12:08 PM']Whatev, you're still wrong.[/quote]
Still not an argument.

Perhaps debate is not your thing. There's threads about entertainment and lameness. You might do better on those.

So hang on...What are we even debating about? I said that homosexuality occurs naturally and everyone else is like "No it's a choice!" which is wrong. There's no point even debating it

[quote name='Varg' post='1936608' date='Jul 31 2009, 12:11 PM']So hang on...What are we even debating about? I said that homosexuality occurs naturally and everyone else is like "No it's a choice!" which is wrong. There's no point even debating it[/quote]
Actually, you used that as an argument and were asked to support it. You became petulant and insulting.

Part of your problem is a misunderstanding of the term "natural" in this instance.

I did back it up, but it should be so blindingly obvious that I shouldn't need to. Thinky thinky.

And when was I insulting?

[quote name='Varg' post='1936626' date='Jul 31 2009, 12:32 PM']I did back it up, but it should be so blindingly obvious that I shouldn't need to. Thinky thinky.

And when was I insulting?[/quote]
No, you did not back it up.

And the irony within your post is blinding.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1936621' date='Jul 31 2009, 11:28 AM']Actually, you used that as an argument and were asked to support it. You became petulant and insulting.

Part of your problem is a misunderstanding of the term "natural" in this instance.[/quote]Then what's your definition of natural?

It's not my personal one, but in this usage, natural sexuality is that which conforms to natural law.