An Old School Catholic Message Board

In A World Without Abortion

Guest Servant of Divine

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Varg' post='1936482' date='Jul 31 2009, 08:27 AM']Well, people are born gay, they don't choose it. I'd say that was pretty natural, wouldn't you? If not, then please state your definiton of "natural"[/quote]

People are not born 'gay' that is a misconception based on a falsehood.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1936495' date='Jul 31 2009, 08:46 AM']People are not born 'gay' that is a misconception based on a falsehood.[/quote]So what, they choose it? Yeah, sure.

[quote name='Varg' post='1936482' date='Jul 31 2009, 09:27 AM']Well, people are born gay, they don't choose it. I'd say that was pretty natural, wouldn't you? If not, then please state your definiton of "natural"[/quote]
In spite of that question not being settled, I will compare it to mental illnesses, which are apparently natural and treatable and not permitted to exist in society as a subculture merely because the person "can't help it."

Murder is natural. Rape is natural. Theft and violence are also natural. This is the sense of the word you're using. So yes, in this sense of the word, homosexual acts (homosexuality being defined as three sexual experiences with a memebr of the same sex resulting in orgasm--an absurd definition) are natural.

[quote name='Varg' post='1936496' date='Jul 31 2009, 09:47 AM']So what, they choose it? Yeah, sure.[/quote]
Ah, Plato's "yeah, sure", argument. Good move.

[quote name='Varg' post='1936482' date='Jul 31 2009, 06:27 AM']Well, people are born gay, they don't choose it. I'd say that was pretty natural, wouldn't you? If not, then please state your definiton of "natural"[/quote]

People are born gay?

explain bisexuality then. or are they born bisexual?

how is it that my friend, who is 63 years old, was married for 40 years with 3 children and 4 grandchildren is now divorced and lives with his 'partner' now?

In the end, the nature vs. nuture argument is null and ultimately a waste of time to argue. People practice homosexuality for the same reason they practice adultery, masterbation, or any other variety of sin: our fallen nature. I do not argue that people may not be predisposed to behaviors (nature) in the same way they may be influenced by a father who brings all the pretty ladies to the house and treats them like objects (nuture). But in the end, there is a choice.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1936507' date='Jul 31 2009, 08:57 AM']People are born gay?

explain bisexuality then. or are they born bisexual?

how is it that my friend, who is 63 years old, was married for 40 years with 3 children and 4 grandchildren is now divorced and lives with his 'partner' now?

In the end, the nature vs. nuture argument is null and ultimately a waste of time to argue. People practice homosexuality for the same reason they practice adultery, masterbation, or any other variety of sin: our fallen nature. I do not argue that people may not be predisposed to behaviors (nature) in the same way they may be influenced by a father who brings all the pretty ladies to the house and treats them like objects (nuture). But in the end, there is a choice.[/quote]Yes, people are born bi. And your friend was probably supressing it because he was afraid or embarrased or what have you. Being born with a certain sexuality is no different then being born with a certain skin or eye colour, it's as simple as that. people can't change their sexuality at will and if you think they can then you, my friend, are deluded.

[quote name='Varg' post='1936511' date='Jul 31 2009, 08:06 AM']Yes, people are born bi.[/quote]
prove it with scientific fact

[quote]And your friend was probably supressing it because he was afraid or embarrased or what have you.[/quote]

how do you know he was probably supressing his homosexuality then, but is not surpressing his heterosexuality now?

[quote]people can't change their sexuality at will and if you think they can then you, my friend, are deluded.[/quote]

but my friend did change his sexuality at will.

and ease up on calling me deluded. thanks.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1936550' date='Jul 31 2009, 11:03 AM']prove it with scientific fact

how do you know he was probably supressing his homosexuality then, but is not surpressing his heterosexuality now?

but my friend did change his sexuality at will.

and ease up on calling me deluded. thanks.[/quote]1. Proove that god created the earth using scientific fact. See? You're all too quick to bring in science when you think it prooves you right but you try and block it out and say it's wrong when it prooves you wrong.
2. If he was happily married with so many kids then why would he change? unless he had to because he didn't want to be in the closet anymore.
3. You'll ask him that and tell me his responce before I believe you.
4. But you're argueing a point which is completely wrong and that you evidently have no knowledge of.

Edited by Varg

[quote name='Varg' post='1936554' date='Jul 31 2009, 08:13 AM']1. Proove that god created the earth using scientific fact. See? You're all too quick to bring in science when you think it prooves you right but you try and block it out and say it's wrong when it prooves you wrong.
2. If he was happily married with so many kids then why would he change? unless he had to because he didn't want to be in the closet anymore.
3. You'll ask him that and tell me his responce before I believe you.
4. But you're argueing a point which is completely wrong and that you evidently have no knowledge of.[/quote]
yeah.

you're right.

my bad.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1936555' date='Jul 31 2009, 11:14 AM'].[/quote]What a wonderfully thought out and well written addition to our debate :-P

[quote name='Varg' post='1936554' date='Jul 31 2009, 11:13 AM']1. Proove that god created the earth using scientific fact. See? You're all too quick to bring in science when you think it prooves you right but you try and block it out and say it's wrong when it prooves you wrong.[/quote]
If you can't support your argument, just admit it.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1935914' date='Jul 30 2009, 07:15 PM']We know you won't expect it.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Winchester' post='1936571' date='Jul 31 2009, 11:35 AM']If you can't support your argument, just admit it.[/quote]Admit what? I'm not ept enough at "sexuality science" to proove that people are born how they're born but if you want I'll go one better and ask a gay person if they chose to be gay.

[quote name='Varg' post='1936574' date='Jul 31 2009, 11:37 AM']Admit what? I'm not ept enough at "sexuality science" to proove that people are born how they're born but if you want I'll go one better and ask a gay person if they chose to be gay.[/quote]
Again, if you have no support for your argument, then just admit it. A statement is not an argument. And anecdotal evidence is not definitive. I haven't seen you debate anything. You've made statements and failed to argue your points. Maybe you should slow down and think before you type. There's no time limit, here.