An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Does God Hide Himself?

mortify

[quote name='mortify' date='25 July 2009 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1248572958' post='1932071']
Why does he hide himself?

[/quote]
God is not hiding
- your eyes are closed
- the lens cap is on
- the lights are off
- contact your service provider

[quote name='Varg' date='11 October 2009 - 04:26 AM' timestamp='1255249610' post='1982998']
If he wanted you to have complete free will would he have made the 10 commandments?
[/quote]

Following the way of God liberates us

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='apparently' date='12 October 2009 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1255267774' post='1983068']
God is not hiding
- your eyes are closed
- the lens cap is on
- the lights are off
[/quote]

Exactly! :smokey: Recently I went through a very bad time health wise. With the events that unfolded I could see that Satan was trying to destroy me. But there was also an amazing succession of 'Coincidences' that kept occurring that countered every bad one. Even though I felt doomed, I kept thinking to myself "God wants me to get through this." And then he started talking to me! As I lay in pain one night I heard him say "This will seem like nothing when you are with me in paradise." (Hey people I now know I'm going to heaven when I die) When things got really to their worst, I just wished for death. Then I heard him say "If you went now Mark, you would be very disappointed that you gave up so easily." When I asked him what I should do, I heard him say "Just carry on as you normally would." And this wasn't all! Every time I closed my eyes and prayed, I could feel the sign of the cross on my forehead. One night there were numerous tiny ones. I also thought I heard him say "You won't have to endure anything like that again" That one could have been wishful thinking but I hope not. I can say for sure that God has never hidden from me. We walk hand in hand. During this time a short poem kept coming to mind. I used it in my signature. I don't know if I read it or if it was implanted by himself. Has anyone heard it before? I assume it relates to when Jesus calmed the storm.

[quote name='apparently' date='11 October 2009 - 08:29 AM' timestamp='1255267774' post='1983068']
God is not hiding
- your eyes are closed
- the lens cap is on
- the lights are off
[/quote]

...and prepare to pay your bill. Because you eat too much of his flesh and drink too much of his blood. But still you said 'Why God is hiding?' :D

Edited by reyb

[quote name='reyb' date='14 October 2009 - 08:36 AM' timestamp='1255520161' post='1985074']
...and prepare to pay your bill. Because you eat too much of his flesh and drink too much of his blood. But still you said 'Why God is hiding?' :D
[/quote]

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

[quote name='Varg' date='11 October 2009 - 02:26 AM' timestamp='1255249610' post='1982998']
If he wanted you to have complete free will would he have made the 10 commandments?
[/quote]

i think the point there is that without free will you wouldnt be able to break any of the commandments. like if you have kids, and set rules for living in your house, they can still break or bend those rules because they have free will, otherwise they would just blindly obey you in every way. i guess.

[quote name='Varg' date='11 October 2009 - 02:43 AM' timestamp='1255250598' post='1983005']
You just can't win with you people!
[/quote]

hehe, tell me about it. i think in the coupleyears i have been here i might have won maybe 3 times. total flukes probably ;)

[quote name='apparently' date='16 October 2009 - 05:19 AM' timestamp='1255688379' post='1986375']
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
[/quote]
Good. Do it and do not stop until so see Him.

Edited by reyb

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='16 October 2009 - 10:49 AM' timestamp='1255708161' post='1986443']
i think the point there is that without free will you wouldnt be able to break any of the commandments. like if you have kids, and set rules for living in your house, they can still break or bend those rules because they have free will, otherwise they would just blindly obey you in every way. i guess.
[/quote]

Do you mean, because of 'free will' - you can break or make the commandment of God? I mean, do you think because of your 'free will' you can fulfill God's commanment? On the other hand, do you think because of man's free will he learn to disobey God? (it means man is not under the power of deceiving spirit then - because he is 'aware' in disobeying God's law.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='17 October 2009 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1255840019' post='1987199']
im really not sure what your question is Reyb.
[/quote]
In your above post, it seems you are saying that to obey the commandment of God is a matter of choice on our part. Thus, I asked. Do you really think that we can fulfill the commandment of God by our own?

[quote name='reyb' date='17 October 2009 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1255818518' post='1987067']
Good. Do it and do not stop until so see Him.
[/quote]

then what?

[quote name='apparently' date='18 October 2009 - 07:06 AM' timestamp='1255867600' post='1987265']
then what?
[/quote]

I mean, Seek the Truth and do not stop until you see Him. Then, you will have your assurance to be with Christ forever.

[quote name='reyb' date='18 October 2009 - 09:19 AM' timestamp='1255868358' post='1987267']
I mean, Seek the Truth and do not stop until you see Him. Then, you will have your assurance to be with Christ forever.
[/quote]

I do not see this as a prerequisite or important or relevant. No doubt

[quote name='reyb' date='18 October 2009 - 06:19 AM' timestamp='1255868358' post='1987267']
[/quote]
Ah, what a lovely truism.