An Old School Catholic Message Board

Beauty Is Only Skin Deep

add

ture or not  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

missionseeker

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1930654' date='Jul 24 2009, 12:03 PM']I think you mean "[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprosy"]lepers[/url]."

I don't think there is much hope for the leapers you find under bridges.

:mellow:[/quote]

:rolling:

Sheen also said regarding calling the girl beautiful: "Hey, I'm allowed to admit beauty when I see it. We can look at the menu, but we can't order".

princessgianna

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1932861' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:06 PM']Sheen also said regarding calling the girl beautiful: "Hey, I'm allowed to admit beauty when I see it. We can look at the menu, but we can't order".[/quote]
:mellow:

:hehe:

:mellow:

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1930622' date='Jul 24 2009, 12:26 PM']Making the world young again got me to thinking about something my mom once said. She said having children after the age of 40 kept her young. I read a study not too long ago that women who have children past the age of 40 are 4 times more likely to live to be 100 years old. I'm assuming those are women who had their children naturally, and not by IVF.[/quote]

I agree. Who has time to get old? I also don't understand why everyone is so consumed with how old they are. Hey, with every birthday I make the room brighter! :topsy:

[quote name='Angel*Star' post='1934553' date='Jul 29 2009, 02:49 AM']I agree. Who has time to get old? I also don't understand why everyone is so consumed with how old they are. Hey, with every birthday I make the room brighter! :topsy:[/quote]
The innocents of Youth is truly beautiful.

The beautiful innocent of youth is obvious to see with an open eye.
This may explain the obsession of why everyone is so consumed with how old they are. Not to say that getting Old means getting ugly. For instance, if one is a good catholic them the goodness of being shines from within, hence this old person is gorgeous to the naked eye of man.

Sort of like, in the movie “the wizard of oz” the good witch, Glinda is beautiful, but the bad witch is an ugly . :priest_halo:

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1930423' date='Jul 24 2009, 01:24 AM']She was a flight attended I believe, and she cared after leapers. She drove around in a jeep picking them up under bridges.[/quote]
You mean like rabbits?

Can the term beautiful be applied to inanimate objects?

IE: you haven’t eaten all day and after a long hard day at work a cheeseburger, fries and ice cold beer on the kitchen table really looks beautiful (to a starving man)
To me it does and I eat it

and it was good!

Our Lord was not "beautiful" to the eyes:

[quote]For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or comeliness that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

--Isaiah 53:2-3[/quote]