An Old School Catholic Message Board

Beauty Is Only Skin Deep

add

ture or not  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

rhetoricfemme
:think: I'm not sure how to say this without it coming out sappy, but...

I think real beauty is a reflection of what's in one's soul.

princessgianna

Well the beauty of the soul is what truly counts!

[quote name='apparently' post='1930086' date='Jul 23 2009, 09:27 PM']beauty is in the eye of the beholder[/quote]
:yes:

Let's be honest -there are some drop dead gorgous people out there! However their personality-isn't so hot. :mellow: However there are some gorgous beautie's out there who do indeed possess a sweet personality. What are you looking for depends what attracts you! A model at your side? Or sweet personality? A nice balance between the two? :idontknow:

Edited by princessgianna

Truth_Seeker

[quote name='rhetoricfemme' post='1930173' date='Jul 23 2009, 11:01 PM']I think real beauty is a reflection of what's in one's soul.[/quote]

Word.

Of course, if God has chosen to bless one with angelic good looks, then I'm not complaining either :rolleyes:

I heard a story once about Fulton Sheen, I think, where he met this young woman who was absolutely beautiful... his waitress, I think, and he told her she needed to use her beauty to serve the poor. I think she did end up going to serve the poor in the third world. Cool story, I wish I remembered it better.

That said, I don't think beauty is only skin deep. I think one's appearance is certainly part of beauty, but not all of it.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1930366' date='Jul 23 2009, 11:28 PM']I heard a story once about Fulton Sheen, I think, where he met this young woman who was absolutely beautiful... his waitress, I think, and he told her she needed to use her beauty to serve the poor. I think she did end up going to serve the poor in the third world. Cool story, I wish I remembered it better.

That said, I don't think beauty is only skin deep. I think one's appearance is certainly part of beauty, but not all of it.[/quote]

She was a flight attended I believe, and she cared after leapers. She drove around in a jeep picking them up under bridges.

Radiant Beauty

Every mother, when she picks up the young life that has been born to her, looks up to the heavens to thank GOD for the gift which made the world young again. But here was a Mother, a Madonna, who did not look up. She looked down to Heaven, for this was Heaven in her arms.
- Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

i have seen this in my own wife's eyes, when our children are in the room or near her.

I've seen this radiant beauty in her face, on the day each one of them were born and everyday thereafter to this very day.

Making the world young again got me to thinking about something my mom once said. She said having children after the age of 40 kept her young. I read a study not too long ago that women who have children past the age of 40 are 4 times more likely to live to be 100 years old. I'm assuming those are women who had their children naturally, and not by IVF.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1930423' date='Jul 24 2009, 01:24 AM']She was a flight attended I believe, and she cared after leapers. She drove around in a jeep picking them up under bridges.[/quote]
I think you mean "[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprosy"]lepers[/url]."

I don't think there is much hope for the leapers you find under bridges.

:mellow: