An Old School Catholic Message Board

Posting

elizabeth09

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1928140' date='Jul 22 2009, 11:54 AM']English, please?[/quote]
[img]http://math.boisestate.edu/gas/pinafore/web_opera/images/becket-walker_s.jpg[/img]

[quote name='elizabeth09' post='1927981' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:50 AM']Where to post counting beside Lame Board?[/quote]
How about just posting actual posts with content in them?

heavenseeker

[quote name='elizabeth09' post='1927981' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:50 AM']Where to post counting beside Lame Board?[/quote]
i think its where can she have a counting thread besides the lame board.

[quote name='philothea' post='1928256' date='Jul 22 2009, 01:50 PM']How about just posting actual posts with content in them?[/quote]
[img]http://cooknkate.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/sein_soup_nazi.jpg[/img]

elizabeth09

I think it unfair to the people who start counting threat and other people just close them, because we wanted to have some fun. I also think that the other who think that the counting threat is dumb and not on Lame Board should not post on it. It really up to you if you want to post in it or not. Does everyelse agree with it?

[quote name='philothea' post='1928256' date='Jul 22 2009, 11:50 AM']How about just posting actual posts with content in them?[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:shock: the horror!

[quote name='elizabeth09' post='1928363' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:38 PM']I think it unfair to the people who start counting threat and other people just close them, because we wanted to have some fun. I also think that the other who think that the counting threat is dumb and not on Lame Board should not post on it. It really up to you if you want to post in it or not. Does everyelse agree with it?[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
if you have a problem with a moderator decision, take it up with the moderator. don't make a thread about it.

[quote name='elizabeth09' post='1928363' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:38 PM']I think it unfair to the people who start counting threat and other people just close them, because we wanted to have some fun. I also think that the other who think that the counting threat is dumb and not on Lame Board should not post on it. It really up to you if you want to post in it or not. Does everyelse agree with it?[/quote]

The definition (see below) for what belongs in the Lame Board definitely includes Counting Threads.

Lame Board
[b]Posts that don't really make sense, are spam-like, are created just to waste time, are "clickish", are pointless, and are generally lame. Basically, this is the ULTIMATE waste of time. [/b]

Open Mic, Debate Table, Transmundane Lane, etc. are not places for such threads. Read the definition of what topics belong in which part of the forum.

The Lame Board was created because Open Mic was being plagued by useless threads.

Threads that don't meet the criteria/definition of a particular part of the phorum are moved to the part of the phorum which is best suited for them.

I completely agree with the Moderators decision to move or close a thread if they see fit.

[quote name='elizabeth09' post='1928363' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:38 PM']I think it unfair to the people who start counting threat and other people just close them, because we wanted to have some fun. I also think that the other who think that the counting threat is dumb and not on Lame Board should not post on it. It really up to you if you want to post in it or not. Does everyelse agree with it?[/quote]

You can ignore it sure, but this is a CATHOLIC FORUM... [url="http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum"]definition of forum[/url]: a medium of open [b]discussion[/b] or expression of [b]ideas[/b]. Why should all the threads that are actually genuine discussions with substance get knocked down because there's a small group just posting successions of numbers and words over and over again? That's a little frustrating.

Why should it look like someone who has posted 200 interesting, thoughtful posts in 3 years is more of a lurker when someone who has 4000 posts in 2 months looks like they spend a lot of quality time on this board even though their posts are just a succession of numbers and random words? (I'm not talking about anyone specific, just the situation).

Why should a Catholic forum have to sponsor hundreds of pages that don't have anything to do with discussion or ideas of anything, least of all faith? I'm not saying I think we should never have jokes, or fun conversations, but at least let it be meaningful at least in the sense of camaraderie...

I mean, if you want to just do word association games and count threads, start a website or a chatroom for that.