An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Vs. Bishop Revised

Resurrexi

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1927545' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:39 PM']Ummm you make it sound like a line drawn war between our Papa and our bishops. :topsy:[/quote]

Ecclesiastical politics are more war-like than you could ever imagine.

:mellow:

:P

Edited by Resurrexi

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1927572' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:51 AM']Ecclesiastical politics are more war-like than you could ever imagine.

:mellow:

:P[/quote]

Wow, I actually agree with you res. :wacko: :unsure:

[quote name='saintwannabe 777' post='1927638' date='Jul 21 2009, 11:13 PM']Wow, I actually agree with you res. :wacko: :unsure:[/quote]

Does this imply that you don't usually agree with me?

saintwannabe 777

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1927641' date='Jul 22 2009, 01:15 AM']Does this imply that you don't usually agree with me?[/quote]

Nah, we've just been having a drought lately in our "rain of agreement"

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :rolleyes:

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1927572' date='Jul 21 2009, 11:51 PM']Ecclesiastical politics are more war-like than you could ever imagine.[/quote]
(sigh) ideally ecclesiastical politics would be an oxymoron, but yeah, I know precisely what you mean.

VeniteAdoremus

We can currently only receive on the hand due to the swine flue <_<

The chaplain of my soon-to-be convent, however, seems to have misplaced the letter from the bishop :)

Archaeology cat

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1932377' date='Jul 26 2009, 02:59 PM']We can currently only receive on the hand due to the swine flue <_<[/quote]
Same here. <_< The Archbishop hasn't flat-out said you can't receive on the tongue, but that it is strongly discouraged. Though the priest today said absolutely no Communion on the tongue. :ohno:

It's just very sad to me, especially since the Eucharist is a Sacrament of healing, of viaticum.

Edited by Archaeology cat