An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Arthur Vandelay Disagreement Hierarchy

XIX

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1924100' date='Jul 18 2009, 09:08 PM']When I let my defenses down and start swearing, this happens to be one of my particular favorites. ROFL I didn't think it was that commonplace![/quote]
I think it's mainly an internet thing.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1924715' date='Jul 19 2009, 03:44 AM'][img]http://www.foureyesjokeshop.com/ProductImages/hats/2032-Hat-Donkey-Head.jpg[/img][/quote]

It's a furry! Kill it!

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1931367' date='Jul 25 2009, 01:53 AM']Vandelay Industries!! Vandelay Industries!![/quote]

One of the best episodes ever!! :rolling:

I think I do the yellow, and some of the green. I do the orange on special occasions. :scratchhead:

That grey and purple do look purty.... but oh... it's so high up. :ohno: Maybe I could get to the blue if I work, really, really hard. But I forgot, that wears me out. Which is why I only post in the debate table when I'm feeling particularly energetic. :idontknow: It's just oh so easy to do the green and the yellow.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1923271' date='Jul 17 2009, 10:40 PM']Is this like the food pyramid - you want more of what's on the bottom?
If so, I'm in great shape.[/quote]

:lol_pound:

The asshat is kind of disturbing. :mellow: There I go with the yellow already!

Edited by zunshynn

VeniteAdoremus

I usually start in the orange and then work my way up to purple or grey ;)

"Your source smells funny, doesn't have any knowledge on the subject, is mistaken here, here, and here because of this and this, and by the way, your main thesis is [i]obviously[/i] wrong, cf. X et al, Y and Z."

In competitions, f you go slightly ad hominem at the other's sources, and use good arguments straight afterwards, chances are that he'll still be bristling at the personal attack and not actually listen to your arguments. Then he'll come back to the ad hominem, and you can patiently inquire why he doesn't want to talk about the arguments you just used. Win. :evil: