An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abortion.

Varg

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1924865' date='Jul 19 2009, 01:46 PM']What about when there is no heartbeat nor brainwave activity?[/quote]

What matters is if you have a human being growing. Heartbeat and brainwave activity are signs of a human baby growing and you don't necessarily need those to have a human being growing as the human being as be growing for a couple weeks or whatever to reach that point.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/norbertine+fathers+of+st.+michaels+abbey/track/norbertine+-+exultet"]Norbertine Fathers of St. Michael's Abbey - Norbertine - Exultet[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1924865' date='Jul 19 2009, 01:46 PM']What about when there is no heartbeat nor brainwave activity?[/quote]

If we are concerned about brainwave activity, then I think a good portion of those who post on internet forums have a lot to worry about......

[quote name='Varg' post='1921839' date='Jul 16 2009, 04:17 PM']What's the Catholic view on euthanasia? I'm just curious[/quote]

"Taking into account these distinctions, in harmony with the Magisterium of Our Predecessors and in communion with the Bishops of the Catholic Church, We confirm that euthanasia is a grave violation of the law of God, since it is the deliberate and morally unacceptable killing of a human person. This doctrine is based upon the natural law and upon the written word of God, is transmitted by the Church's Tradition and taught by the ordinary and universal Magisterium." (Pope John Paul II, [i]Evangelium Vitae[/i], 65)

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1924929' date='Jul 19 2009, 12:34 PM']If we are concerned about brainwave activity, then I think a good portion of those who post on internet forums have a lot to worry about......[/quote]
I whole-heartedly agree! :lol_roll:

[quote]So you'd rather that someone suffered than had a quick and painless death and (according to you guys) went up into heaven and had a happy picnic time with Jesus and all his clouds? (this is about euthanasia, not abortion in case you're wondering)[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Edited by Selah

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1924929' date='Jul 19 2009, 03:34 PM']If we are concerned about brainwave activity, then I think a good portion of those who post on internet forums have a lot to worry about......[/quote]
+1

[quote name='Varg' post='1922618' date='Jul 17 2009, 08:53 AM']EUTHANISIA IS NOT MURDER. If someone wants to die then let them[/quote]

assisted suicide

elizabeth09

Well, either way, we are both stating that killing or murdering is a sin and should go to confis it before resiving Communion

To be honest I'm dubious about the whole "stopping potential life" arguement. There are millions upon million upon millions of sperms in the words but not all of those is going to get turned into a child. They don't live forever, either, so you could argue that a sperm dying is taking away potential life, but there's no way to stop it.

Just a thought.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Varg' post='1937785' date='Aug 1 2009, 03:59 AM']To be honest I'm dubious about the whole "stopping potential life" arguement. There are millions upon million upon millions of sperms in the words but not all of those is going to get turned into a child. They don't live forever, either, so you could argue that a sperm dying is taking away potential life, but there's no way to stop it.

Just a thought.[/quote]
A sperm is only potential life inasmuch as it has potential to fertilize an egg.

A sperm is a sperm, not a human life. Human life begins at conception. Any other period of time is completely arbitrary and unscientific.