An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sarah Palin

Resurrexi

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ilovechrist

while i must admire what she's accomplished in her home state, and who she is as a strong-willed person...

i can't say she's the ideal person for that Office. especially in comparison to Stephen Colbert. :notworthy:

CatherineM

It depends on who she is running against, who she is running with, and what issues come up between now and then.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915495' date='Jul 9 2009, 10:32 AM']I think that it is ridiculous that everyone dislikes Sarah Palin so.[/quote]

I don't like people who play to racism and bigotry to scare up votes.

Amongst other things

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1915495' date='Jul 9 2009, 10:32 AM']I think that it is ridiculous that everyone dislikes Sarah Palin so.[/quote]
It's not a question of like or dislike. As it turns out, whether someone is "likable" is an astonishingly poor gauge for whether someone is suited to the presidency, cf Bush, George W.

[quote name='ilovechrist' post='1915523' date='Jul 9 2009, 10:44 AM']while i must admire what she's accomplished in her home state, and who she is as a strong-willed person...

i can't say she's the ideal person for that Office. especially in comparison to Stephen Colbert. :notworthy:[/quote]

Whole heartedly agreed!

STEPHEN COLBERT!!!

Anyways, in all seriousness, I don't know. I would have to see who is running with her. It all depends on what is going on at the time, the other candidates and such.

However, if she runs, I will question whether or not she will finish out her presidency.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1915524' date='Jul 9 2009, 08:44 AM']It depends on who she is running against, who she is running with, and what issues come up between now and then.[/quote]

This is exactly what I was going to say.

Good grief, I can't escape the Palin speculation anywhere can I? On my street there's a car with "Keep your change, I voted for Palin" and "Palin 2012".

I would not most likely vote for her. She has extremely little experience on a national scale aside from the VP nomination. She did not finish her Alaska gubernatorial position. She appointed a person from Planned Parenthood to become a judge. Her foreign policy experience is quite low. Her military experience comes from being the technical head of Alaska's National Guard (a position she also is not finishing).

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1915703' date='Jul 9 2009, 01:12 PM']Does anyone remember when presidential campaigns lasted 6 months tops?[/quote]
Those were the days ... sigh.

While I admire many of Palin's personal choices, she is not, in my mind, the ideal candidate for the job. Perhaps she will improve over the next three years.

Lounge Daddy

You don't register with a party when registering to vote in Michigan. However, I am a member of the Libertarian Party.

And no, I wouldn't vote for Palin. Nor any other Republicrat.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1915756' date='Jul 9 2009, 01:41 PM']Those were the days ... sigh.[/quote]

Indeed.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1915524' date='Jul 9 2009, 10:44 AM']It depends on who she is running against, who she is running with, and what issues come up between now and then.[/quote]

Pretty much. People complain about her lack of experience......well if anything, she has more than our current president. Also her recent resignation seems to stem from being under a huge barrage of ethics investigations and realized that due to the high volume of investigations, she was not an ideal leader for Alaska and Alaska would be better with someone who would not be investigated as much.

The planned parenthood judge ticked me off and I really wonder what happened with that. :mellow:

Not a perfect person, but I would feel more confident with her than Obama. As CatherineM wisely stated....it really depends.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/phil+collins/track/youll+be+in+my+heart+(phil+collins+version)"]Phil Collins - You'll Be In My Heart (Phil Collins Version)[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Norseman82

I agree, it really depends. If she runs, she will need to fight tooth and claw and prove herself, which may be easier since she will not have McCain and company looking over her shoulder (which is the impression I got from the 2008 campaign). The "real" Sarah Palin can then emerge.

I would love to hear a debate between her, Huckabee, Jindal, and Gingrich.

Edited by Norseman82