An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can Catholics Be Friends With A Sinner?

OraProMe

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1910455' date='Jul 4 2009, 05:48 AM']The indigenous peoples of Europe probably practiced the same primeval monotheism that Adam and Noah practiced, until this monotheism was largely degraded into paganism in most places.[/quote]Wat? No, they was all Pagans. Accept it and move on

(what do you mean "degraded" into Paganism?)

Monotheism is a philosophically higher form of belief than polytheism.

There are numerous historical examples of men using philosophy to come to monotheism from polytheism.

For example, the polytheism of original Brahminism was changed by philosophy into semi-monotheistic Hinduism.

Zoroaster, using natural reason, subordinated the Iranian gods to Ahura Mazda in his philosophical system.

The Stoics, though coming from the traditionally polytheistic Greco-Roman culture, used philosophy to realize that there is but one God.

Thus, as monotheism is philosophically higher than polytheism, a change from monotheism to polytheism can be called nothing but a degradation.

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1910460' date='Jul 4 2009, 06:57 AM']Monotheism is a philosophically higher form of belief than polytheism.

There are numerous historical examples of men using philosophy to come to monotheism from polytheism.

For example, the polytheism of original Brahminism was changed by philosophy into semi-monotheistic Hinduism.

Zoroaster, using natural reason, subordinated the Iranian gods to Ahura Mazda in his philosophical system.

The Stoics, though coming from the traditionally polytheistic Greco-Roman culture, used philosophy to realize that there is but one God.

Thus, as monotheism is philosophically higher than polytheism, a change from monotheism to polytheism can be called nothing but a degradation.[/quote]Yeah, but polytheism makes more sense, right? Like there is good and bad gods and that's why good and bad stuffs happen to people....

[quote name='Varg' post='1910461' date='Jul 4 2009, 06:00 AM']Yeah, but polytheism makes more sense, right? Like there is good and bad gods and that's why good and bad stuffs happen to people....[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[img]http://freakytrigger.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/troll.jpg[/img]

VeniteAdoremus

I like how you are discussing what "Europe" is or isn't about. Please continue. :)

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1910466' date='Jul 4 2009, 06:42 AM']hahahahah
Americans are such losers.[/quote]

Dude, don't insult Americans on Independence Day.

That's not cool.

:ohno:

goldenchild17

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1910470' date='Jul 4 2009, 06:46 AM']OH MY IS IT INDEPENDENCE DAY
Didn't even know that.

Ha, that just makes it even more sweet.[/quote]

haha, u s[i]u[/i]ck

just kidding.

maybe. :mellow:

Edited by goldenchild17

hahahaha
I was just kidding,
You Americans are okay, I just find it funny you're comparing European heritage.

VeniteAdoremus

Grats on your 500th post, Ora :)

But seriously, dudes, if you are comparing notes on "Europe", that's like calling a Texan a Yank :)

Separate countries. Separate cultures. Separate religions. Separate languages. You can only say something about Europe if you're talking foreign policy ;)

Edited by VeniteAdoremus

Vasilius Konstantinos

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1910448' date='Jul 4 2009, 06:41 AM']You are not truly European.

To be truly European is to be Catholic.
You are not Catholic.
Q.E.D., you are not truly European.

:P[/quote]

I will remember this next time I am in Romania and Serbia. "Hey! We are not Europeans!" and then there would be great rejoicing.

I do not think its something to brag about, being European anyways. After all, since I am Native American mostly, I have to ask all of you this Fourth of July to get off my property. Now. :P