An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Gay Sex Morally Wrong.

Hassan

goldenchild17

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1909442' date='Jul 3 2009, 05:38 PM']What would you like to know.[/quote]

oh don't worry about it. Just thought that that had been the strongest argument in this thread thus far and worth expanding on. I've been doing some research on it since you posted that and haven't found a whole lot.

[quote name='Kitty' post='1909374' date='Jul 3 2009, 04:41 PM']Homosexual relationships are nothing but a loving, private relationship between two persons who happen to be the same sex. They are not hurting anyone. They are two consenting adults.[/quote]

It's not enough they be done by consenting adults if the act and behavior is disordered. Even those who support homosexual relationships realize this. I have a liberal friend who supports gay marriage but is against polygamous marriage... why the double standard I have no clue!

[quote name='Hassan' post='1909277' date='Jul 3 2009, 02:21 PM']No, not on the criteria of this thread.[/quote]

That's your [i]personal[/i] criteria for this thread, we're each entitled to our own.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='mortify' post='1909474' date='Jul 3 2009, 06:50 PM']That's your [i]personal[/i] criteria for this thread, we're each entitled to our own.[/quote]

well he did start the thread with that criteria in mind.

[quote name='kafka' post='1909415' date='Jul 3 2009, 05:17 PM']meh.

the eternal moral law has nothing to do with emotions, opinions, evolution, having fun, animals, self-fulfillment, dolphins, grecians, plato, (did I miss anything?), etc. etc. etc.[/quote]

The Holy Spirit obviously thought that there was some truth in the Greeks' understanding of the natural law since He inspired St. Paul to write in agreement with some of the things the Greek philosophers believed about the natural law (cf. Romans 2:14-15).

Don John of Austria

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1909462' date='Jul 3 2009, 06:46 PM']oh don't worry about it. Just thought that that had been the strongest argument in this thread thus far and worth expanding on. I've been doing some research on it since you posted that and haven't found a whole lot.[/quote]

[url="http://faculty.clintoncc.suny.edu/faculty/michael.gregory/files/Bio%20102/Bio%20102%20lectures/protists/protists.htm"]http://faculty.clintoncc.suny.edu/faculty/...ts/protists.htm[/url]

here is a link to a page which explains the sexual reproducation of several forms of protist.

It is definantly sex, but there is nothing pleasurable about it, it is just the buisness of making children. Slime molds are explained, as are Parameciums sex. Look through, I am sure there are more. What is interesting is how differant thier sexual reproduction is, some use sperm, some actually meld into one another. But none of it is pleasurable it is .

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1909306' date='Jul 3 2009, 03:06 PM']And I have given it.[/quote]

Where? Which post?

Don John of Austria

[quote name='mortify' post='1909464' date='Jul 3 2009, 06:47 PM']It's not enough they be done by consenting adults if the act and behavior is disordered. Even those who support homosexual relationships realize this. I have a liberal friend who supports gay marriage but is against polygamous marriage... why the double standard I have no clue![/quote]

Yeah I find that one funny. Particularly because I find the argument agianst polygamous marriage much harder to make. The Church says polygamy is wrong, therfore it is, but I don't have a nAtural law argument for why.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1909498' date='Jul 3 2009, 07:00 PM']The Holy Spirit obviously thought that there was some truth in the Greeks' understanding of the natural law since He inspired St. Paul to write in agreement with some of the things the Greek philosophers believed about the natural law (cf. Romans 2:14-15).[/quote]
I'm sorry are you trying to make a point about my lackadaisical post?

:mellow: