An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Gay Sex Morally Wrong.

Hassan

Dolphins have sex for fun.

And what about infertile couples? Are they stifling the creation of more offspring as well?

Edited by Kitty

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1908988' date='Jul 3 2009, 01:09 AM']Absolutely.

Sex is designed to create offspring. That is the reason for its existance.[/quote]

That's the exact assumption I'm asking someone to prove from an unbiased point of view.
I could say "sex is designed to make you feel great. That is the reason for its existance. Children are just a nasty STD" following your logic.

You can't just base an entire argument on one massive assumption.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Kitty' post='1908995' date='Jul 3 2009, 02:19 AM']Dolphins have sex for fun.[/quote]

Well that is still debated. Some biologist do indeed believe that is the case though.

However, dolphins, like humans, are smart enough that if it was not fun, they would not do it at all.

Regardless that does not impact the purpose of sex is procreation.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1908997' date='Jul 3 2009, 02:19 AM']That's the exact assumption I'm asking someone to prove from an unbiased point of view.
I could say "sex is designed to make you feel great. That is the reason for its existance. Children are just a nasty STD" following your logic.

You can't just base an entire argument on one massive assumption.[/quote]

No, I am not making an assumption. Assuming you believe in evolution, sex evolved as a form of reproduction that mixed genes of differant individuals. This is its purpose, to procreate while increasing genetic diversity among the offspring. That is its purpose. That is why it evolved. Most creatures do not have fun when they have sex, that is reserved for the higher life forms.

If you are a strict 7 day creationist then "The bible said so" should do, so i am assuming you believe in evolution.

Edited by Don John of Austria

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1909005' date='Jul 3 2009, 02:27 AM']No, I am not making an assumption. Assuming you believe in evolution, sex evolved as a form of reproduction that mixed genes of differant individuals. This is its purpose, to procreate while increasing genetic diversity among the offspring. That is its purpose. That is why it evolved. Most creatures do not have fun when they have sex, that is reserved for the higher life forms.

If you are a strict 7 day creationist then "The bible said so" should do, so i am assuming you believe in evolution.[/quote]

Well you should also know that a key component of evolution is diversity. Evolution doesn't propose that it is natural that every single organism be heterosexual or that procreation is the sole reason for sex.

Edited by OraProMe

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1909007' date='Jul 3 2009, 02:29 AM']Do you really think that most insects are having a great time?[/quote]

You realize that homosexual behaviour has been found in 1 500 species (insects included), not just humans.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1909014' date='Jul 3 2009, 01:35 AM']Well you should also know that a key component of evolution is diversity. Evolution doesn't propose that it is natural that every single organism be heterosexual or that procreation is the sole reason for sex.[/quote]
A key component of evolution is random mutations. Diversity is a key component of survival, which is what we assume both individuals and a species are geared towards.
However diversity isn't really a part of evolution in the strictest sense.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1909021' date='Jul 3 2009, 02:40 AM']A key component of evolution is random mutations. [b]Diversity is a key component of survival, which is what we assume both individuals and a species are geared towards.[/b][/quote]

In which case it would be part of evolution, not a deviation from it like the other poster was arguing.
That's what I was trying to say, thanks (even though I don't think it was intentional hahahha :))

goldenchild17

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1909005' date='Jul 3 2009, 01:27 AM']If you are a strict 7 day creationist then "The bible said so" should do, so i am assuming you believe in evolution.[/quote]

works for me :mellow:

goldenchild17

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1909016' date='Jul 3 2009, 01:36 AM']You realize that homosexual behaviour has been found in 1 500 species (insects included), not just humans.[/quote]

As is killing among species', taking multiple partners, eating your own children... I don't think that should be an argument in favor of it.

goldenchild17

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1909031' date='Jul 3 2009, 01:54 AM']Oh my, I know you're a sedevacantist but this......[/quote]

but nothing

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1909032' date='Jul 3 2009, 02:55 AM']As is killing among species', taking multiple partners, eating your own children... I don't think that should be an argument in favor of it.[/quote]

No my point being that insects don't just have sex for procreation either. Read it in context
I was replying to someone else, not just making a vague comment :)