An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Gay Sex Morally Wrong.

Hassan

Any attempts to establish, through the use of reason, the immorality of gay sex can be submitted here and we can look at its merits. Or sexual acts between straight couples which isn't deemed kosher by the Church (anal, oral what have you).

I suspect that this thread will not get a lot of replies. And I suspect there is a reason for that.

Primarily that no such argument ca be supplied.

Don John of Austria

1. Sex is only moral in a sacramental marriage,
2. marriage is between a man and a woman who become one flesh,
3. therefore gay sex is immoral

[quote name='Kitty' post='1908823' date='Jul 2 2009, 11:42 PM']My answer is no, it is not morally wrong.[/quote]

I disagree with this post.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1908824' date='Jul 3 2009, 12:42 AM']I disagree with this post.[/quote]

I disagree with your disagreement.
:topsy:

Don John of Austria

Sex is for procreation as well as unification to be moral it must meet both functions
Homosexual sex cannot be procreative
Therefore homosexual sex is not moral.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1908848' date='Jul 2 2009, 11:51 PM']Sex is for procreation as well as unification to be moral it must meet both functions
Therefore homosexual sex is not moral.[/quote]

I like syllogisms.

Interesting how numerous independent cultures realized the immorality of homosexuality, but modern man has such a difficult time grasping it. I don't think it's because modern man is less reasonable, just that his reason has become so clouded.

[quote name='mortify' post='1908861' date='Jul 2 2009, 11:56 PM']Interesting how numerous independent cultures realized the immorality of homosexuality, but modern man has such a difficult time grasping it. I don't think it's because modern man is less reasonable, just that his reason has become so clouded.[/quote]

First, I'd like to think that man improves as time goes on. Many of the past societies you're talking about also encouraged anti-semitism, racism, sexism and a host of other no-no's.

Second, your statement is wrong. The ancient greeks held homosexual relationships in high-regard and it was not uncommon for men in early islamic society to appreciate the beauty of adolescent boys. Infact this can be seen in a lot of art work from the period.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1908848' date='Jul 2 2009, 11:51 PM']Sex is for procreation as well as unification to be moral it must meet both functions
Therefore homosexual sex is not moral.[/quote]

Why must sex be procreative? Can you provide a logical argument that doesn't consist of "because the bible/magisterium says so" to prove your assertion?

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1908780' date='Jul 2 2009, 11:17 PM']You should have made a poll.

:mellow:[/quote]

You of all people should know that the consensus of the majority doesn't equal what's right. :)
Besides a poll would be useless, the outcomes pretty predictable.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1908986' date='Jul 3 2009, 02:04 AM']Why must sex be procreative? Can you provide a logical argument that doesn't consist of "because the bible/magisterium says so" to prove your assertion?[/quote]

Absolutely.

Sex is designed to create offspring. THat is the reason for its existance. Sex is fun, but it is fun so that we , being intelegent, will have it, and procreate. That is its biological purpose. It has no other reason for existing. Saying why should sex be procreative is like asking why must kidneys fiddler our blood, because that is what they are for.

By the way, I would say the exact same thing if I was an athiest.

Stupid thing keeps "correcting" the word FIL TER to fiddler. what is wrong with FIL TER?

Edited by Don John of Austria

Don John of Austria

[quote name='OraProMe' post='1908987' date='Jul 3 2009, 02:05 AM']You of all people should know that the consensus of the majority doesn't equal what's right. :)
[color="#2E8B57"]
Yes we agree there.[/color]

Besides a poll would be useless, the outcomes pretty predictable.
[color="#2E8B57"]Interestingly, I agree there as well.[/color][/quote]