An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama Champions Gay Rights

Brother Adam

dominicansoul

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1908353' date='Jul 2 2009, 03:24 PM']I've said from the very beginning that I am simply playing devil's advocate here. I have not denied or disagreed publicly with anything they have presented. I am asking questions and poking at theories and ideas.

If you can't handle it, don't read it. (I think the bishops said the same thing about Harry Potter.)[/quote]

you need to be a little more careful. Your profile has a waving Vatican Flag. People are not reading the whole thread. They may think that flag signifies some importance. Your posts do not reflect the Church's teaching at. all.

It may cause a great deal of confusion on the many visitors to this forum.

It doesn't matter if I can't handle it, (i'm not the one championing abominable acts against God,)
I would worry more of those who are reading it, mostly visitors, etc. who don't know this place too well, seeing you are a regulator with that waving flag (that doesn't mean much on this forum, but they don't know that..) and getting very very CONFUSED.....

franciscanheart

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1908358' date='Jul 2 2009, 03:29 PM']you need to be a little more careful. Your profile has a waving Vatican Flag. People are not reading the whole thread. They may think that flag signifies some importance. Your posts do not reflect the Church's teaching at. all.

It may cause a great deal of confusion on the many visitors to this forum.

It doesn't matter if I can't handle it, (i'm not the one championing abominable acts against God,)
I would worry more of those who are reading it, mostly visitors, etc. who don't know this place too well, seeing you are a regulator with that waving flag (that doesn't mean much on this forum, but they don't know that..) and getting very very CONFUSED.....[/quote]
It's not my fault if they don't read the whole thread. I don't suggest anyone comment without reading the entire thing. I've learned that lesson the hard way!

Simply because I am a moderator does not mean that I can't interact with other posters on this phorum in the same way the others do.

I have not broken any guidelines, as best I can tell (though I understand that I am biased), and I have not said that I support homosexual activity or unions. I have simply asked questions.

Earlier in this thread some posters promoted the false idea that "natural" marriage and sacramental marriage are utterly different, and although it is true that a distinction is made between them by the Church, it is simply false to say that "natural" marriage is a purely civil matter and that it is not of divine institution. No Catholic can in good conscience accept this idea, because God is the author of both nature and the sacraments.

That said, homosexual unions, which by definition are contrary to human nature, can in no way be approved of by Catholics, or by the civil authorities. In fact, it is the duty of the civil authorities to protect the common good and to encourage the acquisition of virtue by all citizens within the nation, for that alone will enable the human person to reach his natural end (i.e., goal), which is beatitude.

Edited by Apotheoun

dominicansoul

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1908365' date='Jul 2 2009, 03:37 PM']It's not my fault if they don't read the whole thread. I don't suggest anyone comment without reading the entire thing. I've learned that lesson the hard way!

Simply because I am a moderator does not mean that I can't interact with other posters on this phorum in the same way the others do.

I have not broken any guidelines, as best I can tell (though I understand that I am biased), and I have not said that I support homosexual activity or unions. I have simply asked questions.[/quote]

but you know, visitors don't read through pages and pages sometimes.. they just peek here and there...

...i would think you would have a little bit more responsibility, since you are a regulator and all...

doesn't it bother you that some might read your posts and actually agree with you, and you may be changing their minds about this issue?? Your posts may actually convince others to disagree with the Church on this matter?

In that case, i would think you deserve an "i don't rep the Pope" rather than a Vatican flag...

it just doesn't seem like the right thing for a regulator to do...

franciscanheart

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1908366' date='Jul 2 2009, 03:38 PM']Earlier in this thread some posters promoted the false idea that "natural" marriage and sacramental marriage are utterly different, and although it is true that a distinction is made between them by the Church, it is simply false to say that "natural" marriage is a purely civil matter and that it is not of divine institution. No Catholic can in good conscience accept this idea, because God is the author of both nature and the sacraments.

That said, homosexual unions, which by definition are contrary to human nature, can in no way be approved of by Catholics, or by the civil authorities. In fact, it is the duty of the civil authorities to protect the common good and to encourage the acquisition of virtue by all citizens within the nation, for that alone will enable the human person to reach his natural end (i.e., goal), which is beatitude.[/quote]
If I was seen as promoting such an ideal, it was only through my own ignorance. I was prodding posters early on to discuss the idea that all of our political decisions should be based in faith.

franciscanheart

[quote name='dominicansoul' post='1908369' date='Jul 2 2009, 03:42 PM']but you know, visitors don't read through pages and pages sometimes.. they just peek here and there...

...i would think you would have a little bit more responsibility, since you are a regulator and all...

doesn't it bother you that some might read your posts and actually agree with you, and you may be changing their minds about this issue?? Your posts may actually convince others to disagree with the Church on this matter?

In that case, i would think you deserve an "i don't rep the Pope" rather than a Vatican flag...

it just doesn't seem like the right thing for a regulator to do...[/quote]
such is the case for any poster on this phorum.