An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nostradamus 2012

Shpout

Just saw a preview about a movie coming out '2012" and apparently there are 'predications' or whatnot about the end of the world, etc. . .
Just wondering what its all about and what you guys think about it.
One thing that I found interesting was that its all about stuff in the sky and for Christ's birth and death there were many 'signs' in the sky according to the documentary 'The Star of Bethlehem"
interesting...

I think the 2012 deal is related to the Mayan calendar. IIRC, according to the Mayans time kind of... starts over... at 2012. But they didn't actually predict major disasters.

I don't lend any credence to these things, myself.

Is there stuff happening in the sky? :unsure: I guess I don't get out much.

December 21st, 2012 is when the Mayan Calendar ends. I think that is when the magnetic poles are going to reverse. We are long overdue for a reversal, and it has already started in parts of the Southern Atlantic.

dairygirl4u2c

also applicable, beyond nostrodomus, and the mayans --- st. malachy's prophesies that people say mean this is the last pope (or next to last, waiting for peter romana or whatever), if not ever than at least of an important age

just look up st. malachy if ya aren't familiar

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

i heard we're also due for asteroids a large one, and gigantic volcanoes -- course these arethings that we'd see coming with fair warning, so not any time soon

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1906664' date='Jun 30 2009, 08:55 PM']I think that the prophecies attributed to St. Malachy are spurious.[/quote]
too bad this thread has nothing to do with Saint Malachy's prophecies.

[quote name='kafka' post='1906668' date='Jun 30 2009, 08:06 PM']too bad this thread has nothing to do with Saint Malachy's prophecies.[/quote]

DairyGirl brought them up.

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1906645' date='Jun 30 2009, 07:56 PM']also applicable, beyond nostrodomus, and the mayans --- st. malachy's prophesies that people say mean this is the last pope (or next to last, waiting for peter romana or whatever), if not ever than at least of an important age

just look up st. malachy if ya aren't familiar[/quote]
Yes. Here is the prophecy attributed to the next Pope:

“In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there shall reign Peter the Roman who will feed his flock amid many tribulations, after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the terrible judge will judge the people.”

~ my basic interpretation and understanding of this prophecy is that the next Pope will be the first Pope of the End Times (or Tribulation), yet not the last Pope. Many Popes will come after him. 'Peter the Roman' refers to the spirit of his pontificate not the actual name he will take.
[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1906669' date='Jun 30 2009, 09:07 PM']DairyGirl brought them up.[/quote]
thanks I missed that.

of course I do not believe the Mayan calendar has any significance whatsoever. If anything it might be providential in that it might lead people to awareness of the true teachings about the End Times.

[quote name='kafka' post='1906673' date='Jun 30 2009, 08:14 PM']Yes. Here is the prophecy attributed to the next Pope:

“In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there shall reign Peter the Roman who will feed his flock amid many tribulations, after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the terrible judge will judge the people.”

~ my basic interpretation and understanding of this prophecy is that the next Pope will be the first Pope of the End Times (or Tribulation), yet not the last Pope. Many Popes will come after him. 'Peter the Roman' refers to the spirit of his pontificate not the actual name he will take.[/quote]

I find it hard to believe that any authentic prophecy of future popes would include anti-popes, men who were no more the Pope than I am.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1906676' date='Jun 30 2009, 09:23 PM']I find it hard to believe that any authentic prophecy of future popes would include anti-popes, men who were no more the Pope than I am.[/quote]
what anti-popes are you referring too?

[quote name='kafka' post='1906679' date='Jun 30 2009, 08:26 PM']what anti-popes are you referring too?[/quote]

I am talking about Anti-Popes Victor IV, Paschal III, Callixtus III, Nicholas V, Clement VII, Benedict XIII, Clement VIII, Alexander V, John XXIII, and Felix V.

All these men were medieval anti-popes. Obviously some (if not all) of these names were taken by actual Popes (e.g. John XXIII).

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1906688' date='Jun 30 2009, 09:41 PM']I am talking about Anti-Popes Victor IV, Paschal III, Callixtus III, Nicholas V, Clement VII, Benedict XIII, Clement VIII, Alexander V, John XXIII, and Felix V.

All these men were medieval anti-popes. Obviously some (if not all) of these names were taken by actual Popes (e.g. John XXIII).[/quote]
just wanted to make sure you werent talking about the sede antipopes.

I dont see any problem with it. The anti-popes are significant figures and a part of history. Besides the list seems to have made fairly accurate predictions. It is a private revelation so there is always some room for error, since Saint Malachy may have misinterpreted or misrecorded the revelation.