An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do Animals Go To Heaven?

QuoteMan

Do animals go to Heaven  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='brokensparrow' post='1906347' date='Jun 30 2009, 09:29 PM']I agree with the article that animals don't have immortal souls and therefore do not go to heaven, however I think it would be unfair to put a limit on God by saying yes or no for sure. After all, God can do what he wants to right?[/quote]

We do know it looks bad for the dolphins, because there will be no more sea.

But I assume they'll be taken away by a spaceship while singing happy songs.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1906354' date='Jun 30 2009, 01:40 PM']We do know it looks bad for the dolphins, because there will be no more sea.

But I assume they'll be taken away by a spaceship while singing happy songs.[/quote]
:lol_roll:

brokensparrow

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1906354' date='Jun 30 2009, 12:40 PM']We do know it looks bad for the dolphins, because there will be no more sea.

But I assume they'll be taken away by a spaceship while singing happy songs.[/quote]

Haha, this made me lol.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1906253' date='Jun 30 2009, 11:35 AM']No way. St. Thomas was right about everything. I'm for scholasticism-scholasticism: everything the Scholastics said was true, and what we need to do is make incredibly awkward logical deductions so that our experiences fit into it.
;)[/quote]

I like scholasticism.

Vasilius Konstantinos

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1906354' date='Jun 30 2009, 02:40 PM']We do know it looks bad for the dolphins, because there will be no more sea.

While whistling the [i]Star-Spangled Banner[/i] nonetheless?

If animals had souls then we would have been witnessing to them as well. And yet I have not heard of the great Gospel of Fluffy written to the literal flock in Thessaloniki. Go figure.

[quote name='Vasilius Konstantinos' post='1907513' date='Jul 1 2009, 06:25 PM']If animals had souls then we would have been witnessing to them as well. And yet I have not heard of the great Gospel of Fluffy written to the literal flock in Thessaloniki. Go figure.[/quote]

All living material creatures have souls.

Only men ([i]homines[/i]) have spiritual souls.

Edited by Resurrexi

Vasilius Konstantinos

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1907521' date='Jul 1 2009, 07:36 PM']All living material creatures have souls.

Only men ([i]homines[/i]) have spiritual souls.[/quote]

Um, are you trying to argue for the sake of arguing?
I think you understood what I was getting at.
Are you wanting to push me out of this forum for some reason, because the more you nitpick others and myself in some threads its kind of lacking in checking posts here especially when they are full of your nitpicks.
Stop it.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1906354' date='Jun 30 2009, 02:40 PM']We do know it looks bad for the dolphins, because there will be no more sea.

I love this.

[quote name='Vasilius Konstantinos' post='1907526' date='Jul 1 2009, 07:41 PM']Um, are you trying to argue for the sake of arguing?
I think you understood what I was getting at.
Are you wanting to push me out of this forum for some reason, because the more you nitpick others and myself in some threads its kind of lacking in checking posts here especially when they are full of your nitpicks.
Stop it.[/quote]

Don't take it personally; he's not trying to push you out. It's just his personality. :console: