An Old School Catholic Message Board

Time

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1902414' date='Jun 26 2009, 05:09 PM']Now your trying to make my head hurt.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
it's only fair.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1905137' date='Jun 29 2009, 10:06 AM']I think it is indeed implyed, however, I would expect that the new creation woldl be created, in state, not through the developmental process that the current universe is in.[/quote]
why in state and not through a developmental process?

Don John of Austria

[quote name='kafka' post='1905199' date='Jun 29 2009, 11:33 AM']why in state and not through a developmental process?[/quote]

Because 15 billion years is a long time to wait for a New Earth.

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1905201' date='Jun 29 2009, 11:36 AM']Because 15 billion years is a long time to wait for a New Earth.[/quote]
I see what you are getting at, however God could establish new physical laws. And besides:

{3:8} Yet truly, let this one thing not escape notice, most beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like one day.

It could just as easily be said a day in the New Heaven is like a billion years and a billion years is like a day in New Heaven, since it is with God who is Eternity. And the Elect could watch in awe, just as they watched the First Creation on the Universe in awe, since once one enters Heaven he was always there from its beginning, and Heaven was created before and beyond the Universe, thus all the Elect watch the unfolding of the Universe in awe.

A Saint doesn't need to change the past if he can see the future. He can see the future prayer request and act on it. As if St. Anthony could've found your car keys any other way. :unsure:

I saw Mother Angelica on EWTN praying for the death-bed conversions/perseverances of people who already died in car crashes. :detective:

Then there is this thingy.
Rev 22 (NASB)
1Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb,
2in the middle of its street On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, [b]yielding its fruit every month[/b]; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

:idontknow:

And then there is that whole dinosaurs thing. :blink:

So, yea. And stuff.

Ooooohh! What if we are all already dead, and our whole sequence is just part of a do-over of everything at once so that some guy can catch his bus? That would be totally far-out.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='kafka' post='1905207' date='Jun 29 2009, 11:47 AM']I see what you are getting at, however God could establish new physical laws. And besides:

{3:8} Yet truly, let this one thing not escape notice, most beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years is like one day.[/quote]

Kind of defeats the purpose of creating it in a developmental process then doesn't it?

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1905322' date='Jun 29 2009, 01:24 PM']Kind of defeats the purpose of creating it in a developmental process then doesn't it?[/quote]
not unless it is God's will for the Elect to somehow participate in the develepment of the New Creation like the Angles participate in guiding the the Universe, since they will be 'equal to the Angels.'

:)

Edited by kafka

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Paddington' post='1905253' date='Jun 29 2009, 01:13 PM']Ooooohh! What if we are all already dead, and our whole sequence is just part of a do-over of everything at once so that some guy can catch his bus? That would be totally far-out.[/quote]

That would please the tree huggin' liberals.

sacredheartandbloodofjesus

so your comment on the one sacrifice and one communion. Who was the one communion recieved by. Christ was the one sacrificed and the one giving his body and blood in the eucharist so who was the one who recieved the "one and only communion"? Mary? the Church? I think this thread is very interesting. I love speculating on time and eternity.

Im not sure who said this but he was french. Maybe you know?

Without the Incarnation, nothing matters. or something along those lines.

Stressing the infusion of eternity into time. the kingdom of heaven is at hand says Jesus. I believe we can enter into eternity on earth in a sense. By the Holy Spirit.

I beleive the word the catechism uses for the mystery of the eucharist and the coming of Christ is +Parousia+

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' post='1906022' date='Jun 30 2009, 02:40 AM']so your comment on the one sacrifice and one communion. Who was the one communion recieved by. Christ was the one sacrificed and the one giving his body and blood in the eucharist so who was the one who recieved the "one and only communion"? Mary? the Church? I think this thread is very interesting. I love speculating on time and eternity.[/quote]

It is being received by the Church through the act of Holy Communion. That's why Communion must be Christ -- the crucified Christ on the Cross -- in order to fulfill the covenant. Bread and wine are unacceptable as they are the fruit of the fields which Adam was cursed to work after he sinned. God cannot accept the fruit of sinners' toil. However, he can accept the shedding of innocent blood (note the first shedding of innocent blood immediately following the Fall). Therefore, Cain's grain sacrifice was unacceptable, but God accepted Abel's sacrifice. Still, we cannot escape the curse of sin except through death, so all we can bring to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is the fruit of our sinful toil: bread and wine. Only Christ can offer the innocent blood that redeems us, which is completed when we eat his flesh. If we aren't eating his flesh in Holy Communion, our worship -- like Cain's -- will prove unacceptable. So the one, eternal sacrifice occured at Golgotha around 33 A.D., but if it is not literally being made present at every celebration of the Eucharist, then we leave the Mass with nothing more than we brought: the unacceptable fruit of our own sin.

On the other hand, we must also recognize, as we worship and receive the acceptable sacrifice, that through our Holy Communion with Christ we are being made holy and innocent: we are becoming acceptable sacrifices to complete Abel's fate and that of all holy martyrs. We must love God with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Edited by LouisvilleFan

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='kafka' post='1906269' date='Jun 30 2009, 01:51 PM']nice Louisville.[/quote]

Well, most of that I learned from a local Dominican priest... pretty amazing how the Mass ties together every book of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1906189' date='Jun 30 2009, 11:04 AM']It is being received by the Church through the act of Holy Communion. That's why Communion must be Christ -- the crucified Christ on the Cross -- in order to fulfill the covenant. Bread and wine are unacceptable as they are the fruit of the fields which Adam was cursed to work after he sinned. God cannot accept the fruit of sinners' toil.[/quote]

But He accepted them from Melchizedek.

Oh I can't believe i didn't capitalize He. Bad, Don John, BAD!

Edited by Don John of Austria

[quote name='Don John of Austria' post='1907229' date='Jul 1 2009, 03:18 PM']But he accepted them from Melchizedek.[/quote]
True, however He only accepted them as a type of the holy Eucharist.